I'm not really looking at it for one of my new amp options, but are line 6 spider valves any good, i might possibly consider it. i dont know though.

I was looking at a peavey valveking, is this cheaper? or should i just go with the valveking?
Last edited by Levi79 at Feb 16, 2009,
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Quote by JilaX^
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Jesus, just because it says Line 6 on it DOES NOT mean that it's bad.

The Spider Valve is pretty good, GREAT tube modeler. You can probably do better for the price, but it's a great amp.
the lower gain models are well improved from the regular spiders, but the high gain tones sound just as fizzy and digital imo
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
good amp but WAYYYY more BETTER amps out there....

what is your FULL amp budget and the genres that you play???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
The Spider Valves are OK. If you want a good modeler, you can't really go wrong.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by GNRjungle87
Jesus, just because it says Line 6 on it DOES NOT mean that it's bad.

The Spider Valve is pretty good, GREAT tube modeler. You can probably do better for the price, but it's a great amp.

Have you even played them?

Fizzy sterile P.O.S...

Want a good Line 6 amp?
Get a Vetta or a Flextone.
I'd say Vypyr if it has to be a modeler.
Unless you don't like them.
It is all personal preference.
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
Quote by Levi79
it doesnt have to be a modler, i think i will get the valveking anyway

there are better amps than the VK..................USED Peavey XXX combo anyone???
feel free to add me
id look at some randalls if i were you

EDIT: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046 jump on the deal before its discontinued!
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Levi79
My friends dad is selling a peavey XXL stack, he wants 1000 canadian for it, i dont think its worth it, after all it is solid state

solid state =/= bad

and also, XXL =/= XXX
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by Levi79
My friends dad is selling a peavey XXL stack, he wants 1000 canadian for it, i dont think its worth it, after all it is solid state

its not bad..............BUT for $1000 not worth it.............
feel free to add me
I actually own a Spider Valve. Most people who think they know what they are talking about have only tried it

I will give you the very basics here:

Great ****in amp, with a footswitch the thing is awesome for small gigs (Who wants to have to bend over and push a button to change from clean to distortion lol). Great tones, and doesnt even take much to create a tone that you like.

Although all of this is not exagerated, I do have to admit its expensive as ****

I bought it because I got a deal I just couldnt pass up...I payed $450 for it new, when the price tag says $830
Im not a fan of either, the spider doesnt sound very natural, and the valveking lacks anything special. I would try to look for some cheap used orange or marshall amps. If you get the VK, you ll nedd some damn good pedals
Quote by Gmarkey
I actually own a Spider Valve. Most people who think they know what they are talking about have only tried it

I will give you the very basics here:

Great ****in amp, with a footswitch the thing is awesome for small gigs (Who wants to have to bend over and push a button to change from clean to distortion lol). Great tones, and doesnt even take much to create a tone that you like.

Although all of this is not exagerated, I do have to admit its expensive as ****

I bought it because I got a deal I just couldnt pass up...I payed $450 for it new, when the price tag says $830

if im paying 500 bucks for an amp, id expect at the very least a footswitch...
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand