Page 1 of 2
Let me start by saying that i feel extremely lucky, i got this amazing looking and sounding Les Paul, a vintage 1990 standard that has been played hard. This guitars almost feel like it belongs in a museum. The broken in feel is just out of this world....man i never thought a guitar could feel like this.

This baby has seen so many bars that it has that smoky smell all over, its an amazing smell!!!.

How the logo looks like its from the 50's is priceless. There are cracks in every part of the lacquered finish that has turned into a vintage amber.

I cleaned this guitar very carefully and it had coats nicotine every ware, The guitar had zero shine, but after this it brought it back and its way better then the VOS finish, because its real!!! everything here is real not simulated and i can see just how unrealistic Tom Murphy relicing is, no offense, but i think that it does not represent how real lacquer ages.

The neck is fat and rounder from playing so many gigs that its the most comfortable neck i have ever played.

And for the sound....well the neck pickup its beyond anything i have ever heard, its so amazing i just cant describe them. The bridge is just as wonderful and has a vintage tone of a PAF. The acoustic tone of the wood resonates very snappy and warm.

This guitar comes from Spartanburg, SC and i bought it from a guy that found it in a local pawnshop. Its was left there by the guitarist of a band called The BootHill Band (Southern rock) and he was the original owner and was his main guitar for years and played every bickers bars all over the USA.

This baby looks far older then 19 years and i'm blessed with it, for $1,210 and original case :dude:

Wow, as pretentious and overblown as the topic title is, 1990, Gibson, genuinely relic'd from age...I am very jealous.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Swap the pickup surrounds tehy look like gash.

Other than that, nice score man!
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
make it stop

i find the idea of relic Gibsons to be overwhelmingly painful....who would allow such things to happen to such a guitar dammit!?

but if you're happy with it that's great, no worries about scratching it
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Hello Waterboy, this has happened naturally from extreme playing and careless weather changes the guitar has gone in her life.
Quote by nicolasrivera
Hello Waterboy, this has happened naturally from extreme playing and careless weather changes the guitar has gone in her life.

i understand man, but technically, it shouldn't happen if a person takes good care of their guitars before playing, after playing etc. some people like the relic look, i personally don't (on a les paul anyway) a strat or tele can get thrown down a flight of stair and i'll still call it beautiful.

it doesn't matter what i think, the point is you've got an awesome guitar
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

very nice collection man, i hope to achieve something along those lines one day.

i'm diggin' that PRS.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by nicolasrivera
This are part of my other baby's (15 total).

were you handed a very large sum of cash at some point in your life like, lets say, the lottery?
Wait, when's each of those from?

Quote by necrosis1193
Wait, when's each of those from?

1966 strat reiss., 2003 LP plus standard, 1990 LP Standard (The vintage), 1952 tele reiss and 2000 PRS Artist Custom 24.
Quote by nicolasrivera
1966 strat reiss., 2003 LP plus standard, 1990 LP Standard (The vintage), 1952 tele reiss and 2000 PRS Artist Custom 24.

Nice collection. How long you been playing?

i wish my strat would hurry up and age
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
Quote by nicolasrivera
Since 1991, but started doing air guitar in 1985, thats what my mom tells me.

XD Well, keep playing man, those things deserve a good set of hands.

That's how a guitar is meant to look!

Even if you take great care of a guitar, if you're playing gigs every weekend and practicing a few hours every day something like that will happen.
It's beautiful
Great find!
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Look what i found under the pickguard, cherry color....man...this is unreal, it has totally faded...

And yet another surprise under the hood, BB caps!!!

Very very sexy guitar my friend. I love the cracked look, it's got an appeal all of its own. Looks so much better than the fake relic jobs you always see.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Well, 91 isn't THAT old. That looks like a LOT of wear and tear and definitely not the natural condition of a well-kept guitar.

By comparison, my Gibsons are 15 years older (1974). Two of them have absolutely NO checking. One of them has very moderate checking, but that one I got from ebay. It still has no where NEAR the wear and absolutely no removal of the finish anywhere.
You have not just that 1 LP, but 5hot guitars, I'm going to kill you and take everything you own. But seriously those are some of the best looking guitars ever. :drool:
Last edited by cornmancer at Jun 16, 2009,
Quote by nicolasrivera
This guitar has had a 58' makeover.

I was thinking the same thing.

I love the look of it. I kinda prefer worn without the checked finish, but this still looks fantastic.
My guitar build

My gear:
Blackheart Little Giant Combo
Epiphone Les Paul with Rio Grande TX/BBQ pickup set
Little Big Muff
Blues Driver
Just so you know.... a 19 year old guitar isn't vintage, no matter what it looks like.
I don't think he's claiming its vintage. Just that its bad@ss......which it is. To me, I don't care what an instrument has been through, if it plays well then as far as I'm considered the shape of the finish just adds to the character. That is a d@mn fine guitar collection!
That is a nice vintage look, how much will you sell it for? E-mail me if you will sell it and the price.
That's great man, nice looking!

Im also myself a proud owner of a natrually relic'd Les Paul
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I swear someones posted something like this before

Well, nice guitar anyway dude, its awesome.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
I swear someones posted something like this before

Well, nice guitar anyway dude, its awesome.

Yeah, but I think he refinished it.

Looks pretty cool, if guitars could talk I bet it would have some interesting stories to tell.

FloyDZeDit: Ahh, it's the same person and the same guitar.

Who dug this old thread up?
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Last edited by FloyDZeD at Aug 24, 2009,
omg, it looked great untill I saw the headstock. I puked. I saw a 70s SG that looked better off than that. cheers tho. Nice collection.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Mine is four years newer than 1991 and it has very little wear showing. I only paid 100 dollars more for mine when it was brand new. I prefer my guitars to never look that beat up. But it is still a very sweet looking guitar if you like them worn in.
It kills me reading the old posts how some of the people pick apart a great truly reliced guitar. You should be happy to own something that has what seems to be a great history. Nice new pics by the way.
Ummm... how do I put this...

YOUR GUITAR HAS CRACKS IN IT!

Okay sorry for being blunt and everything but I think that its just a tad over vintaged. Okay seriously if I were to play that gorgeous (from a distance) thing, I'd be afraid I'd break it...
Page 1 of 2