Okay, for all you Pros out there. ...

I am interested in getting a new pedal to enhance my sound, I generally play psychedelic music. I was told to look into a [I]Uni-Vibe[/I], but I don't really know what exactly it does. I was told that it is something to do with a Leslie Rotating Speaker, but I don't know what that means.

Also, what are some good brands or models for Uni-Vibes? Price is an option like, I'd spend a little over 100, but if it's close I'll take a recommendation.
Quote by Kozworth
Okay, for all you Pros out there. ...

I am interested in getting a new pedal to enhance my sound, I generally play psychedelic music. I was told to look into a [I]Uni-Vibe[/I], but I don't really know what exactly it does. I was told that it is something to do with a Leslie Rotating Speaker, but I don't know what that means.

Also, what are some good brands or models for Uni-Vibes? Price is an option like, I'd spend a little over 100, but if it's close I'll take a recommendation.

I've tried the Rocky Roads (a cheap Danelectro) which with a little tweaking (bypassing a resistance, look around on the net)does just wonders. It's a Leslie simulator, with ramp up/down.
It provides a decent sound, and I liked it very much. If it only were bigger, because the ramp/bypass switches are so close, due to Dano's greedy enclosures.
I've tried many - a very difficult one to choose - i'm currently with the Jim Dunlop one (with expression pedal) and it works well with my Orange.

It is definitely something you need to spend a fair bit of money on or it'll sound pants.

I don't like the Zakk Wylde Rotovibe - sounds shallow, artificial and just not right.

Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe plus is also a crazy, yet great pedal.

The Deja-vibe can also be great - you really have to hear each one and test them out.
It simulates a rotating speaker. It basically creates volume pulses and a bit of phasing/flanging.

The only good cheapish one I've come across is the Voodoo Labs MicroVibe, which I own. Great pedals for adding some "swooshy" and "swirly" to your sound.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com