does anyone have the knowledge neccesary to crack a wifi key at myschool? ive read about aircrack, and it seems simple, but i dont have a laptop to take in. and they wouldnt allow it during class anyway, and after the last bell they shut off the internet to the school so i cant do it after either. study hall could be likely, IF i could get a laptop, but then id have no reason to post here lol

myquestion is, is there any way to get the key without a lap top, without using command prompt? they also block programs at our school now, for those of you who heard about the fake myspace about our principal eric trosch. yes, some kid in my school did that. ever since that theyve been constanty upping the security. ug gets blocked sometimes because of words in the news articles. its crazy. GOOGLE gets blocked sometimes.

EDIT: the closest thing i can get to command promt, is coding in C++. there is a compiler and everything. the class im taking now hah
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
aircrack only works on WEP connection.. n its intended for Linux is it not... if its a WPA2 connection or whatever its called.. you aint crackin **** unless your a professional hacker

GL but i dont think youll b able to pull it off sry man
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
MOST of the encryption is wep. theres only like two of them that have wpa. there are MANY routers in my school. there is a version of aircrack for windows.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
there should be something that looks like a smoke detector at the top of the class. the code is on there. and im serious.

You can never fucking trust Canada when Canada decides to report on world news that doesn't concern Canada. Canada is only in it for Canada's sake. Canada doesn't even know Batman.

Fuck Canada
Quote by that soccer kid
there should be something that looks like a smoke detector at the top of the class. the code is on there. and im serious.

That's likely the MAC address. Some of the cheaper junky routers had the WEP keys printed on them too, but they're very few and far between. And as has been disclosed, it's mostly WPA2.

As a blanket statement - it's false.
I hate to say it, but don't be afraid to try the obvious. My school's WiFI key was aabbccddee and I wish I was makin' that up.
I have all I want and I'm not okay, I'm funny that way...
- Rob Heinrich
Quote by Sixx1138
I hate to say it, but don't be afraid to try the obvious. My school's WiFI key was aabbccddee and I wish I was makin' that up.

This is 100% non-BS. The most common passwords are embarrassing. "password", "blink182", "abc123", "1234567890", the principal's name maybe, try stuff they would expect staff (including the dingy ones) to be able to easily remember.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

without a laptop with a packet sniffer you would have to brute force the password using a brute force program, which tends to take a very long time and doesn't always work. the best way for you would be to watch someone enter the paassword or get somebody that knows it to tell you.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
watch someone enter the paassword or get somebody that knows it to tell you.

Keystroke logger?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
Keystroke logger?

most schools wont let you install those. assuming they have an IT person who is even remotely competent.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
most schools wont let you install those. assuming they have an IT person who is even remotely competent.

If TS is in high school that may be a stretch, though...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
If TS is in high school that may be a stretch, though...

meh, he said they blocked you from installing or running foreign programs, so unless he knows how to get onto an admin account he wont be able to use a keylogger.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
meh, he said they blocked you from installing or running foreign programs, so unless he knows how to get onto an admin account he wont be able to use a keylogger.

? Guess I missed it. I imagine that being the case, though.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa