I was thinking of buying 2 humbuckers for my "Typhoon" so get rid of excess sound going through my amp but leave on pick up because there are 3. Need some assistance on if a gibson pickup will work with this guitar
You're going to have to come at me a little more specific than that if you want a question like that answered in hollyweird.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Last edited by Thomme at Feb 16, 2009,
Yes, gibson humbuckers will fit in place of any other standard sized humbucker.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Thomme
You're going to have to come at me a little more specific than that if you want a question like that answered in hollyweird.

This aint Jay and Silent Bob. Its the GB and muthueffin C.

Hes right though.
Quote by Dr. House
This aint Jay and Silent Bob. Its the GB and muthueffin C.

Hes right though.

sorry, I guess I confused J&SB with GB&C. My bad... but seriously, TS, what is this "typhoon?" I know of a "Typhoon" that was made in the 60's, that used "toaster" style pickups... but I doubt that's the "Typhoon" you've got. Although it did have 3 pickups.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by Thomme
sorry, I guess I confused J&SB with GB&C. My bad... but seriously, TS, what is this "typhoon?" I know of a "Typhoon" that was made in the 60's, that used "toaster" style pickups... but I doubt that's the "Typhoon" you've got. Although it did have 3 pickups.

Its another one of those Strat rip offs, was my first guitar, now i want to make it sound like my gibson sg so i dont have to carry around my gibson sg aha
Step Up To The Line.

http:// FOR SOME HEAVYMETAL
If it's a strat copy, you're going to have to figure out if it's routed for three single-coils or if it just has a big rout right down the center of the body. If it's the first, you'll have to either buy stacked single-size humbuckers or rout more, and if it's the second, you're golden as long as you get a pickguard that'll fit the new p/us. It's still probably not going to sound like an SG though
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Quote by drewsta42
If it's a strat copy, you're going to have to figure out if it's routed for three single-coils or if it just has a big rout right down the center of the body. If it's the first, you'll have to either buy stacked single-size humbuckers or rout more, and if it's the second, you're golden as long as you get a pickguard that'll fit the new p/us. It's still probably not going to sound like an SG though

Oh of course but i was thinking i can just cut the pick guard so it will fit the bucks but thanks.
Step Up To The Line.

http:// FOR SOME HEAVYMETAL