I found Schecter guitars on GAK or a similar website and I liked the look of them very much. But I wanted some more people's opinions. So, various users of UG, what do you think of Schecter Guitars?

I was thinking of buying a Shecter Omen 6 FR, depending on cost of course.

Cheers, in advance
Schecter makes really good guitars, but be aware that the Omen is their lowest production guitar, so you're paying for what you get. It's not an awful guitar, but any bottom of the line production model is going to be just that to some extent. Save up a bit more and go with a C-1, IMO.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
My dad has a Schecter from the 80's when they were still a custom shop, and man, its a great guitar. I don't really know now, but I thought I should share that
Gear:

Peavey 5150
Crate 4x12
Jackson King V (for sale!)
Ibanez 7321
Digitech Hothead(for sale!)
Digitech Deathmetal(for sale!)
I have a few pretty nice guitars, but I've gotta say, my brother's C-1 Classic is one heck of a guitar. I would vote to save up a little more and shoot for something a bit higher end, but Schecter is totally legit.
I have been looking to buy a Schecter as well. I'm thinking about going with either the Tempest Classic or the PT Fastback. Almost all of Schecter guitars have a lot of really great reviews online. I haven't really heard any negative comments about them at all. Unfortunately, no freaking shops stock them anywhere near me so I haven't been able to play one. Because of all the positive feedback I have seen on Schecters I thinking about just ordering one online without trying it first. Maybe not a great idea but you can usually return it if there is a problem without too much hassle anyway. I'd say go for it.
I have a Schecter Gryphon. It is by far one of the greatest guitars alive. Cost me like $300 or $350, don't let the low price fool you, it is amazing. Set it up a little and the guitar plays great. I still want to swap out the pickups, but I've had this guitar for three years and I doubt I would buy a new guitar soon. I'll probably buy a new amp and some good pedals before I even think about buying a new guitar. Unless... If I found a Schecter C-1E/A then I would buy that before I would buy a new amp, but that is because they are discontinued and who knows when I would see one again.

Save up and buy a Schecter. I would recommend a Gryphon, because I own one, or a C-1 plus. My friend owned a C-1 plus and it played amazing. I'm not a big fan of the metal-ish shapes some of the bodies have, but alot of their guitars are just near perfection. They play like much higher end guitars. I wish they made some higher end guitars that wouldn't have to be custom shops, because the customs cost alot of money. I asked for a rough estimate and it came back as a little over $4000! I don't have that kinda money.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Quote by strat0blaster
Schecter makes really good guitars, but be aware that the Omen is their lowest production guitar, so you're paying for what you get. It's not an awful guitar, but any bottom of the line production model is going to be just that to some extent. Save up a bit more and go with a C-1, IMO.

the omen may be the cheapest, but i think it's one of the best in my opinion. I love mine and i picked it over other higher end models.
It's all preference.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Hands down my favorite brand. Schecter puts out AMAZING guitars that are extremely versatile, very well made, and dead sexy as well. The Omen may not be their best model, but you won't be disapointed. I would go with a higher end model though, unless you can find the cream of the crop of that model.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
I started with the Omen7 and now have the their top of the line Jeff Loomis signature. Both guitars are a thrill to play! AWESOME!
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200