Hey Guys, Im thinking of getting the Jackson DKMG in the summer after I get enough money I play metal/metalcore my problem is that say I wanted to do a cover of a song in Drop C (i will be playing with my band) but then we want to do a cover in standard E should I just leave the guitar in one tunning and use my other guitar? or should I go ahaid and go through the steps to tune it. OR should I get a string through version of the guitar DKMGT

Thanks
if your gonna be changing like that get the string through model.
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Id either go with the string thru version (cus personally, I dont like Floyd Roses) and switch guitars. But, if youre going to consider the string thru version, play it and test out its ability to keep tune, cus love em or hate em, Floyd Rose trem's do keep tune very well. If it doesnt hold tune as well as it should, then Id go with the Floyd version and just switch guitars. I think Floyd Rose equipped guitars are better kept in 1 tuning anyway
use two different guitars, cuz youll never get a floyd rose in tune and out to a different tune between songs.
Yeah... I got a Floyd Rose model, and due to my wide variety of playing I now hate it. What I do is use wooden blocks to hold the Floyd Rose in place so that I can use different tunings :P.
Either way: you're going to need a guitar without a Floyd, to play in different tunings. To ACCURATELY tune a Floyd, it takes at LEAST 15 minutes of tweaking. I would recommend using the Floyd in whatever tuning you play in the most. Chances are: it'll be your "favorite guitar", being as it will be your new one. So, you'll want to be playing it the most.

Then, of course, if you're going to play in another tuning (INCLUDING DROPPED), change to a different guitar. You could on-the-fly tune a no-trem guitar in a 5-minute period, tops: even if it's being stubborn.

The other option of getting a String-Thru isn't a bad idea, either. Floyds are a LOT of fun, but are they really NECESSARY? Not a chance. They're so much more trouble than they need to be, when you want a versatile guitar. Find a tuning for them, and keep them there. Musicians who find their "comfortable tuning", stick with it. Besides: if you REALLY wanted to, you could cover a song higher/lower than it normally is, and make it your OWN.

Hope that helps, man.
Don't get the one with the floyd unless you really want it, otherwise don't. It can be a pain in the ass and it sucks some tone.
Anyway, you don't want to drop tunings from E standard to as low as drop C on the same guitar. Drop C requires much heavier gauge strings than E do.
Sure, you could use heavy gauge strings in E standard, but the extra tension might bend you neck, fudging up your intonation and action.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by TwistedVince
Either way: you're going to need a guitar without a Floyd, to play in different tunings. To ACCURATELY tune a Floyd, it takes at LEAST 15 minutes of tweaking. I would recommend using the Floyd in whatever tuning you play in the most. Chances are: it'll be your "favorite guitar", being as it will be your new one. So, you'll want to be playing it the most.

Then, of course, if you're going to play in another tuning (INCLUDING DROPPED), change to a different guitar. You could on-the-fly tune a no-trem guitar in a 5-minute period, tops: even if it's being stubborn.

The other option of getting a String-Thru isn't a bad idea, either. Floyds are a LOT of fun, but are they really NECESSARY? Not a chance. They're so much more trouble than they need to be, when you want a versatile guitar. Find a tuning for them, and keep them there. Musicians who find their "comfortable tuning", stick with it. Besides: if you REALLY wanted to, you could cover a song higher/lower than it normally is, and make it your OWN.

Hope that helps, man.

Yea I was thinking that because my drummer likes Disturbed and most of their songs are drop D drop C so Im planning on putting the Jackson in drop c and leaving it if I want drop D I can just move the song up 1 fret, Thanks for your input bro
Quote by jacksonuser123
Yea I was thinking that because my drummer likes Disturbed and most of their songs are drop D drop C so Im planning on putting the Jackson in drop c and leaving it if I want drop D I can just move the song up 1 fret, Thanks for your input bro
2 frets.

Anyway, you don't need to match a songs pitch. Just match the tuning and you're fine. Any song played in E standard can be played in any standard tuning (D, C, Eb whatever). You don't have to match pitch by moving up or down frets. It doesn't matter if a Drop D is played in Drop C, you don't have to start on the 2nd fret. Just play it like you would it Drop D, and it'll just sound lower in pitch.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by SinnaSatan
2 frets.

Anyway, you don't need to match a songs pitch. Just match the tuning and you're fine. Any song played in E standard can be played in any standard tuning (D, C, Eb whatever). You don't have to match pitch by moving up or down frets. It doesn't matter if a Drop D is played in Drop C, you don't have to start on the 2nd fret. Just play it like you would it Drop D, and it'll just sound lower in pitch.

Oh okay thanks yea I like the deeper sound of a song played in C that is regularly played in D