Im thinking of buying this head off my friend for 600 bucks
whats everyone's opinion on this brand and head?
I play mostly hardcore/punk stuff like blacklisted,have heart and go it alone
Last edited by normajean_fan at Feb 16, 2009,
It's nothing like the original, and that's pretty much all I know about it.

The originals are obscenely loud, and obscenely clean. They run KT88's, and have head room for days. I think the reissues have 2 channels, but I don't know for sure.

They are not high gain.

Also, that is a pretty decent price for one, but I doubt that you'd be happy with it, unless you start playing some Sunn O))) or Earth or Candlemass, or something.
600 for one of those reissues is a great price. They regularly go for at least 1000 used. Sunn makes good quality stuff, and they sound great.

EDIT: Every Time I Die and Russian Circles have/currently use the Model T Reissues, and Aaron from Isis used to use one.
Last edited by RG_FANMAN at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by RG_FANMAN
600 for one of those reissues is a great price. They regularly go for at least 1000 used. Sunn makes good quality stuff, and they sound great.

IIRC, Sunn is defunct now.

The Reissues were produced by Fender under the Sunn O))) trademark.
Very, very good head. $600 is an amazing price, if it is functional buy it NOW. They generally sell for around $1000, more sometimes.

Some things should be noted though.

1. It's not actually a "reissue" per se. It was never intended to be either. It was Fender's modern interpretation of an original Model T, which they even said themselves. Similar, but not the same. It is still a really great amp, used by a lot of bands/guitarists today (namely Mike Sullivan of Russian Circles).

2. The "reissue" is 100w switchable down to 25w, whereas the original is rated at 150w but sounds more like 180w.

3. The original uses 6550 power tubes whereas the "reissue" uses 6L6's.

4. The "reissue" has an effects loop, the original doesn't.

My vote is DEFINITELY buy it for $600, if it's working.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Last edited by xwearesinking at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by imgooley

Yea, that's true, but they're still made quite well. I meant to say "made" instead of "makes" good stuff.
Quote by xwearesinking
Very, very good head. $600 is an amazing price, if it is functional buy it NOW. They generally sell for around $1000, more sometimes.

1. It's not actually a "reissue" per se. It was never intended to be either. It was Fender's modern interpretation of an original Model T, which they even said themselves. Similar, but not the same. It is still a really great amp, used by a lot of bands/guitarists today (namely Mike Sullivan of Russian Circles).

2. The "reissue" is 100w switchable down to 25w, whereas the original is rated at 150w but sounds more like 180w.

I thought the originals ran KT88's?
^ Basically the same thing. I'm prrrretttttyyy sure it's 6550's, like most other Sunn's, but I'll double check.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by imgooley

Yes, Sunn was made by Fender, they were their high-end amp line.

Sunn makes awesome stuff, I really want a Model T, but I don't want to pay what they usually sell for
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by xwearesinking

well you sold me
Quote by xwearesinking
^ me? what's B9?

Bridge 9, the hardcore punk label.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by MatrixClaw

Sunn makes awesome stuff, I really want a Model T, but I don't want to pay what they usually sell for

Sunn was sold to Fender in the 80's, but had no connection with them before that.

http://sunn.ampage.org/site/museum/modelt/

It was 6650's according to that, which I was linked to from the Sunn forums.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by MatrixClaw

When I was at Guitar Center to pick up my cab, there was a dude with an original model T there. Freakin massive amps.
Quote by xwearesinking
Sunn was sold to Fender in the 80's, but had no connection with them before that.

http://sunn.ampage.org/site/museum/modelt/

It was 6650's according to that, which I was linked to from the Sunn forums.

Ah, I could have sworn they ran KT88's. The one I saw had KT88's in it, so that's why I thought that's what they ran.
Quote by normajean_fan
b9 all day <3

get the amp to up your B9 cred
Sweet deal..
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
If you don't end up liking it, you can flip it to me and I can dispose of it properly.
Quote by starsnostars
Quote by joe124
I heart god speed you! black emporer

not enough to spell their name right.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

TREMOLO PICKING CRESCENDO CZAR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣