what do you all think of the fulltone OD? i was at guitar center today i was gonna try out some dif pickups but all LPs in store had gibson pups in them and im not interested in those (i am looking at the 59/JB[or possibly customcustom]) but it was to busy being presidents day sale an all so i checked out some of the pedals that i wanted i tryed out the MXR carbon copy and i loved it but also listening to it i realized that it would get much less use then say an OD/distortion pedal. So i played around with them and decided i liked the Fulltone Full-drive 2 best and took it home figuring that i would return it in a week or so when i came back to get mah pups...

I have fallen in love and not with the girl i took out Saturday. this thing is freakin sweet sounding through my traynors clean it absolutely sings.

at first i was skeptical of spending so much money on one pedal(160bones) and i still am as far as the price goes but quality i am blown away...

Now my question: should i take it back and get the pups for my epi, should i take it back for a cheaper OD, OR should i keep it and be happy?
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build
Keep it and be happy. It's a damn fine OD.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
Quote by VisionaryTics

thats what im leaning towards im really happy i stumbled onto this lil blue box
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2

Quote by VisionaryTics

This guy stole my words.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
^ generally when i buy stuff to keep i end up disappointed in the long run... and now i buy this thing with no research or intention of keeping it and i love it. i need to do this more often... unfortunately now i have no money to go out... oh well more time to play guitar
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2

alright so i have a nu question what is it that sets this OD apart from the others besides the obvious it sounds better? i know its hand made(built like a tank actually) do most other ODs not have the range of tones that this has... cause it has an absolutely huge range of tones... i feel so ignorant cause i literally had no knowledge of this thing b4 i bought it some1 pointed me to it i played it i liked it i bought it...
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2

yeah it seems a lot more versatile than other od's
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Huge range of tones, large degree of transparency, high quality construction/parts (no tone suck, true-bypass).

Fulltone runs a pretty tight ship.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
keep it and enjoy it, I know the feeling, I had a similar thing happen with a Vox Satchurator, not what I was expecting but I sure as hell am gonna enjoy it.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I'd keep it. I don't know what the talk about huge range of tones is though, it only has one sound really.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'd keep it. I don't know what the talk about huge range of tones is though, it only has one sound really.

Ya that's what I was thinking.

Just another boring modified Tube Screamer. Nothing special imo.
Quote by kurtlives91
Ya that's what I was thinking.

Just another boring modified Tube Screamer. Nothing special imo.

I wouldn't say that, IMO it's one of the best out there. It cleans boosts, tightens and actually has gain that sounds good unlike every other tubescreamer out there.
Quote by Kevin Saale

what i meant is that it has a lot of gain for an overdrive, plus the boost mode, the thing is practically like having an overdrive channel of an amp in a box, compared to other od's that do like one thing really well
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
what i meant is that it has a lot of gain for an overdrive, plus the boost mode, the thing is practically like having an overdrive channel of an amp in a box, compared to other od's that do like one thing really well

Yeah, it's uber versatile, no doubt. I'm just nitpicking really.