Damnit! I was all set to drop $460 on a new Avatar 1x12 cab loaded with a Celestion Alnico Blue speaker, but now I've been stricken by Pedalboard GAS and I can't decide what to do.

On the cab side, I could get arguably the greatest 15 watt rock 'n' roll speaker ever conceived, and then set this thing on top of my Avatar 1x12 cab with a G12H30 and crown it with my Tiny Terror.

On the pedalboard side, for about a little less cash I could get a Pedaltrain Junior, a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus, a nice patch cable kit, and a Korg Pitchblack and bring order to chaos.

What should I do?
"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror
is your current cab a POS?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson

this is a good question because if your nu cab is only going to make a minute difference in your tone it might be ezier for you to just get some organization going on... but i would build my own pedal board. i just cant see the sense in spending so much money for a power strip and a sheet of plastic...
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson

Not at all. I *LOVE* my current G12H 1x12 cab. But I've always wanted to have a mini-stack of two 1x12's with different speakers. I've been playing a lot of clean stuff lately with my DMM, and I think an Alnico Blue will give me more jangle & sparkle. The G12H has a more brownish, SRV-like tone. I'm hoping the Alnico Blue will be more VOX-ish.

I think the two cabs in series will sounds killer with my Tiny Terror, but I'm really interested in hearing the Blue on its own as well.

So no: my current cab is awesome, I'm just looking for some different tones.
Last edited by Armchair Bronco at Feb 16, 2009,
^ i suggest you take your stuff to the store and see if your gonna get the tones your looking for and if you do then buy the cab if not then get the pedalboard stuffs... or you could just buy the cab and build your pedal board...
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2

Get the cab, and make yourself a temporary pedalboard.

I made a pedal board, that looks pretty damn good for literally like $7 in felt and plywood.
Quote by Mitchell?
Get the cab, and make yourself a temporary pedalboard.

I made a pedal board, that looks pretty damn good for literally like $7 in felt and plywood.

heheh see im not the only wood savvy guitarist here :]
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2

Quote by Sieves
heheh see im not the only wood savvy guitarist here :]

Yeah, even if I don't get the cab, I should really try to make a DIY pedalboard first... before dropping close to $300 for some welded aluminum and a dedicated power supply.

I can snag a pine plank at IKEA not unlike the Pedaltrain chassis for like $5, bolt a powerstrip to the top, throw on some velcro, and be good to go for around $10. Hey, if a rig like this is good enough for Cobain, it should work for me, too.

Last edited by Armchair Bronco at Feb 16, 2009,