Page 1 of 3
December 6th I was at the Youmeatsix concert in Belfast

That genre of music isn't really in my favourites, but I like the band well enough.

It turned out to be packed full of these emo, scene kids, whatever you call 'em, the "guys" were wearing more hair products and make up than the girls.

I'm not a mosh fan, so the constant shoving etc was starting to really do my tits in. Near the end of the gig, this long-haired, drunk-off-his-ass, make-up-wearing, sweaty moron kept shoulder charging me from behind, or grabbing me and shaking me etc, until I started to get properly pissed off at him. My friends convinced me it wasn't worth punching this guy right in the face and starting a fight over this, so I just moved away from my actually pretty sweet front-and-center spot, further back just to stay the hell away from him.

What's your worst experience at a gig?
Quote by sglover34479
are you that ass who wouldn't give me my wallet back?

Sorry that was me...and my friend Mike.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
I once needed a piss at an Iron Maiden gig so bad, I did a massive piss in a bottle and splattered it offa some bald guy's brow.

That was perhaps one of the best concerts I've been to, but it musta sucked for baldy.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
i got head butted really hard in the nose and forehead, i had blood all over my forehead....

turns out it wasn't mine.
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Well my girlfriend was almost beat up by a drunk guy at a Raconteurs concert.

Future Leaders of the World was a bad show...just because they sucked.
I went to a Job for a Cowboy show a few months ago. I personally don't care for them, but my friend is a huge fan of theirs and she wanted me to come. I knew Hate Eternal was playing, so I was looking forward to them at least. We get there right before the show starts, and the place is packed. It's a small-ish place where lesser known bands usually play, but since it was JFAC, the place was full of a bunch of teenage scene kids that thought they were br00t4l with their scene comb-over haircuts. I went to the merch table to pick up a Hate Eternal CD, but I didn't see any of their merch. I asked one of the guys there if they had any, and he told me Hate Eternal dropped off the bill a couple weeks ago. So basically, I was stuck in an overcrowded club with a bunch of scene kids, the only band I wanted to see wasn't there, and it was insanely hot.

Edit: Just remembered some more. I went to see Anal Cunt on my birthday. We were a little late getting there, so we showed up right before their set, and they played for half an hour. I wasted 10 bucks on a half hour set that wasn't even that good to begin with.

I went to see This Will Destroy You a few weeks ago, and they were booked in some shitty club that had a tiny little stage in the back of the place. Everyone was crammed in to see them, so I could barely move at all and I couldn't see the band. There were also a bunch of loud, obnoxious drunk people standing around us, and this isn't the best thing when you're going to see TWDY.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Last edited by metal4life592 at Feb 16, 2009,
Hmm, worst experience would probably have to be the time I saw Buckethead. The concert started off pretty awesome, That One Guy was the opening act. Buckethead was great, his playing was crazy. However, his tone was really horrible. It was so high pitched and trebly that it left me and my friend half-deaf for several days afterwards. If that had been the only thing, it wouldn't have been so bad, but for most of the concert, I was up near the front row, and it was so tightly packed that it was literally impossible to move my arms. This group of idiots was shoving and pushing everyone in their way, making it impossible to enjoy the concert. To top it off, my friend got pushed to the front and one of the bouncers got really pissed at him for no discernable reason. We ended up leaving early.
i just lost my favorite hat at a slipknot shoe
I SAW YOUR MOMMY AND YOUR MOMMYS DEAD
I got elbowed in the face at a Dragonforce show, which I guess is karma for going, but it dislocated the right side of my jaw, which I ended up putting back myself at the show, it still isn't quite right
Gear:
Musicman Sub Sterling
Yamaha RBXJM2
Ashdown MAG 300 Head + Ashdown 410T Cab
Bass Big Muff Pi
Korg Pitchblack
Morley Dual Bass Wah
I was at an Avenged Sevenfold concert in Chicago (can't remember the venue) the last time they were here. I think it was during the second song and I had made my way to about the middle of the crowd near the front.

The whole crowd was swaying left to right and there is really nothing you can do except go with it because you will tire youself out if you try and fight it. Well eventually the section of crowd i was in just collapsed because apparently skinny emo kids can't hold themselves up. There was nothing I could do as a huge pig lady fell on me crushing my legs. Luckily they were at a good angle and were not broken!

I don't understand how a huge section of the crowd can all just collapse on each other. It must have been pretty funny for the band to watch though.

Also at this show, one of my friends I went with was so drunk that he just flat out peed in the crowd right on some guy in front of him. The guy turned around , looked at him and did nothing...
Last edited by FoolishFool at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by HellRaiser620
Hmm, worst experience would probably have to be the time I saw Buckethead. The concert started off pretty awesome, That One Guy was the opening act. Buckethead was great, his playing was crazy. However, his tone was really horrible. It was so high pitched and trebly that it left me and my friend half-deaf for several days afterwards. If that had been the only thing, it wouldn't have been so bad, but for most of the concert, I was up near the front row, and it was so tightly packed that it was literally impossible to move my arms. This group of idiots was shoving and pushing everyone in their way, making it impossible to enjoy the concert. To top it off, my friend got pushed to the front and one of the bouncers got really pissed at him for no discernable reason. We ended up leaving early.

dude nearly exact same experience. had to wait like 3 hours while that 1 guy was playing and buy then my back and heels felt properly on fire. finally buckethead comes out and some drunk midget starts dancing up on me an my friends, while gettin beer all over me. she proceeds to drop the beer bottle onto the concrete floor, so there i am steppin on glass for like 4 more hours
we left before it was actually over but even with the bad experience buckethead was really damn awesome.
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
Quote by FoolishFool
I was at an Avenged Sevenfold concert in Chicago (can't remember the venue) the last time they were here. I think it was during the second song and I had made my way to about the middle of the crowd near the front.

The whole crowd was swaying left to right and there is really nothing you can do except go with it because you will tire youself out if you try and fight it. Well eventually the section of crowd i was in just collapsed because apparently skinny emo kids can't hold themselves up. There was nothing I could do as a huge pig lady fell on me crushing my legs. Luckily they were at a good angle and were not broken!

I don't understand how a huge section of the crowd can all just collapse on each other. It must have been pretty funny for the band to watch though.

Also at this show, one of my friends I went with was so drunk that he just flat out peed in the crowd right on some guy in front of him. The guy turned around , looked at him and did nothing...

Man, this happens all the time!! Its because peoples feet and legs get trapped under the swaying bodies to the point that its impossible to regain balance. I've been in that situation and seen it happen many a time.

But yes I agree, it is pretty damn funny... sucks that a fat lass flatted you out
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
haha @ crowd collapsing comment:

Kids in Glass Houses (Who I Now Hate, thnx to the ****ness of this gig) supported YMA6 at my gig, and the singer was all "IMA JUMP INTO T3H CROWD!" He gave like 6 really detailed warnings that this was goin to happen

he bailed into the crowd and immediately slumped to the ground, all you could see was 2 legs stickiing into the air, he had to fight for like 10 mins to on top of the crowd - literally less than 5m from the stage. it was living fail.
Quote by led/head
dude nearly exact same experience. had to wait like 3 hours while that 1 guy was playing and buy then my back and heels felt properly on fire. finally buckethead comes out and some drunk midget starts dancing up on me an my friends, while gettin beer all over me. she proceeds to drop the beer bottle onto the concrete floor, so there i am steppin on glass for like 4 more hours
we left before it was actually over but even with the bad experience buckethead was really damn awesome.

Yeah, Buckethead was sick regardless of the annoying people.
I went to a Slayer show and saw trivium

To make it worse the bassist thought he was so bad ass he decided to jump into the front row, during the first song, landing on me. Slayer more than made up for it though.
Last edited by THE-IMPALER at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by HellRaiser620
Yeah, Buckethead was sick regardless of the annoying people.

agree totally. best night of my life.
and he has great stage presence, without sayin a damn word. i mean not only does play, but he dances and breaks out the nun-chucks.
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
Quote by led/head
agree totally. best night of my life.
and he has great stage presence, without sayin a damn word. i mean not only does play, but he dances and breaks out the nun-chucks.

At one point during the show, he just walked around for about 3 minutes holding a rubber chicken while some funky music was playing.
When I saw the Smashing Pumpkins. Regardless of the fact that I had 3rd row seats. Their setlist was terrible. The songs were dragged on way too long, and the mix was much too bassy. In between most songs, they would play nothing but ambient noise and feedback. After their last song it went on for at least 20 minutes or more. The encore was the best part of the show for me. The band came out and played "We Only Come Out At Night" and "In the Summertime" on kazoos.
It was the first time seeing my all time favorite band, and I was very disappointed.
Quote by ibanez41093
i just lost my favorite hat at a slipknot shoe

How do you lose your hat in a shoe?! And when did Slipknot start marketing their own brand of shoes?!
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

i went to see green day when they were on their american idiot tour... and my chemical romance opened for them.

MCR just straight up blew.
I went to see Overkill a couple years ago, before I knew too much about them. I think they put on a great show, but I really don't know, because I couldn't hear anything. They turned the bass drum up so loud that the entire show was just a rumble, and occasionally the vocals would pop out over the rumble.
Marlyn Manson, took 4 hours to get on stage, only played 4 songs. During the whole waiting only weird music from the 1920's was playing...John 5 wasn't even there....gay!
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
I went to see a Mars Volta/ Chili Peppers show a few years back. I'm a fan of both bands, but the Mars Volta absolutely sucked. I'm pretty sure it was just the mix, but I couldn't pick out a guitar or vocal out of the wall of sound coming at me. I still listen to their records, but would think twice before going to see them live again.

RHCP was worth it though.
Gear:

Fender 1980 "THE Strat"
Fender 2005 MIM Tele
Jay Turser Les Paul

Monster Cables

Fender PT-100 Pedal Tuner
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff (NYC)
MXR Phase 90

Crate V33H head
Crate V212 cab
Traktion (local band)
I got there early, so I just sat on the grass and waited. When they came on, we cheered, and they played their first song. I was up in the front, and jumpin and all that ****. The dude next to me ended up crowd surfing, and all was cool, until the end of the show. at the end of the show the show ended. It was the worst gig I've ever been to. It's also the only gig I've ever been to.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Quote by TimK
I went to see a Mars Volta/ Chili Peppers show a few years back. I'm a fan of both bands, but the Mars Volta absolutely sucked. I'm pretty sure it was just the mix, but I couldn't pick out a guitar or vocal out of the wall of sound coming at me. I still listen to their records, but would think twice before going to see them live again.

RHCP was worth it though.

did you by chance see them at the wachovia center in philly, becuase i saw them there and i had the EXACT same experience
My Rig:

Schecter C-1+
Washburn X12QVS
Ibanez RG7321
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic-Electric
Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Crate Practice Amp
Marshall G80CDR
Maxon OD808
When some guy stood behind me trying to pull my jeans down and then started humping up against my behind..ugh..
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Quote by i_am_the_movie
did you by chance see them at the wachovia center in philly, becuase i saw them there and i had the EXACT same experience

No, it was at the Value City Arena (I know right?) at Ohio State.
Gear:

Fender 1980 "THE Strat"
Fender 2005 MIM Tele
Jay Turser Les Paul

Monster Cables

Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff (NYC)
MXR Phase 90

Crate V33H head
Crate V212 cab
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
When some guy stood behind me trying to pull my jeans down and then started humping up against my behind..ugh..

Was this at a Dave Matthews gig? Because I've seen that before. And some girl pee in the grass, throw up in the grass, and then have sex in that grass. Good times.
Gear:

Fender 1980 "THE Strat"
Fender 2005 MIM Tele
Jay Turser Les Paul

Monster Cables

Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff (NYC)
MXR Phase 90

Crate V33H head
Crate V212 cab
Quote by woMANintheBOX19

thats so ****ed up. please tell me you punched him in the face or kicked him in the balls? what a scumbag
Quote by TimK
Was this at a Dave Matthews gig? Because I've seen that before. And some girl pee in the grass, throw up in the grass, and then have sex in that grass. Good times.

No, it was an Avenged Sevenfold show and it was 18+ so there were loads of drunk, horny people.
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
No, it was an Avenged Sevenfold show and it was 18+ so there were loads of drunk, horny people.

So because it's 18+ it makes it all better? You should have drop kicked him in the nads. :P
I went to IKTPQ's say goodbye tour, full of scene kids and douchebags which was to be expected, but not only did i get the **** kicked outta me by multiple douchebags some chick got knocked out and no one looked twice when she lost conciousness. So I had to pick her up and take her to the ambo's. I lost my spot front n centre watching The Red Shore doing that. =/
I am me. Live with it.
i saw b4mv in a tiny little pissy arena and it was hot as,, and there was alot of little drug circles
they were funny
the opening act was really bad house vs hurricane or somthing?
then when bullet came out,, the croud was just swaying and it was heaps annoying, then had like 7 full grown men fall on me
lots of little scene kids
and i lost my shoe when i went up to croud surf,, but found it at the end
was an alrite concert all up though

and judas priest
the set-list was really bad
robs mics volume was way too loud and his voice was a bit whinney
(i cant spell that word)
opening act wasnt that good, electric mary
lots of drunk guys there

iron maiden is still the best ive been to
only bad thing was behind crimson eyes was 1 of the opening acts,, the other was lauren harris(steve harris' daughter) she wasnt bad

EDIT:sorry for the wall of text
Hmm... For me, Probably Bring Me The Horizon at The Concorde 2 in Brighton. Deez Nuts opened, and were alright, then some **** band took half an hour to set and were ****. Waste of time. Then The Secret Handshake came on, and was AWESOME despite not fitting the gig at all.

Then it was time to be deafened by patheitc scene girls obsessing over Oli Sykes, even confusing the guitarist for him, but screaming anyway before rectifiying their mistake.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Oli is ok on CD, particularly Count Your Blessings, but he CANNOT sing live. At all. ****ing horrific.
Quote by TimK

ok, this is scary. i was at a dave matthews gig with a bunch of people i know at the tweeter center in camden (now its the susquenna bank center or something). we got to the lawn area early and sat down to wait for the show to start. so, as we're waiting, i hear a faint "bleach". i turn around just in time to see some drunk girl throw up, producing a small stream of vomit that started heading downhill, right for the blanket that we were sitting on. i said something along the lines of "its bearing down on us!", at which point everyone else saw the puke, grabbed our stuff and moved very quickly out of the way.
My Rig:

Schecter C-1+
Washburn X12QVS
Ibanez RG7321
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic-Electric
Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Crate Practice Amp
Marshall G80CDR
Maxon OD808
Last edited by i_am_the_movie at Feb 16, 2009,
Well, I went and saw Chris Cornell a few months back, expecting him to rock the **** out, and basically play a bunch of Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, and Audioslave. And he did. For the first half. The second half of his setlist was all of the new stuff, and let me tell you, it sucked massively.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by The Progfather
I got elbowed in the face at a Dragonforce show, which I guess is karma for going, but it dislocated the right side of my jaw, which I ended up putting back myself at the show, it still isn't quite right

I've been kicked in the face and have a jaw "popping" problem now. It sucks. However, I'm glad I won't have to explain to my doctor it happened at a Dragonforce show. That's just embarrassing lol.
jedinix

Shredding with an RGT42DX
Page 1 of 3