Okay, just to point that out. I'm 21 and I'm majoring in Public Relations. I had an argument with this guy I know.

Basically, he was offered a job, starting at 20$ an hour, to do some research for a radio station. He did like 6 months in a dodgy radio school, without any diploma besides his HS diploma. He says I'm losing my time and paying for nothing.

I'm happy with my University formation but this guy is a douche.

What does the Pit think?
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Having a good degree instantly puts you in a better wage bracket in the same job as a guy with similar experience who doesn't.
I have not attended, but from what I have heard, college is where many people find their true callings, and that it is necessary for someone to be around other educated people to progress as a person.
When he'll lose his job and won't be able to find another one because of his lack of scholarship, you'll laugh.
ಠ_ಠ
selling drugs is better anyways.

so much less work, if only.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
college is definately worth it
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.

"I am Jack's complete lack of suprise"
Depends.

If you have good work ethic, and drive to be successful ON YOUR OWN, and don't want to kiss ass for your entire life, then yeah.. University is a complete waste.

If you are scared to try anything new, or your one of the kids whose mom didn't even let them go outside, then you can make an average amount of money yearly with little to no time for yourself, but it's a steady gig and will get your family by. (Although maybe not in this current state)

the real success comes with the first, but it's riskier.
definitely worth it! even forgetting the degree and money part, he's missing out on so many experiences you just don't get outside of uni.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
even if it wasn't worth it for the employment prospects, it is definitely worth it for the experience...

EDIT: to Nimrod, are you at uni in sheffield? cos that's where i am!
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
yes it is... i am studying at the Universidad de Buenos Aires... it is impotant, if you have something you love, for example, i love psychology...
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by flambe chicken
even if it wasn't worth it for the employment prospects, it is definitely worth it for the experience...

EDIT: to Nimrod, are you at uni in sheffield? cos that's where i am!

i certainly am!! what halls are you in and what year?
Quote by Jackal58

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
I am in my second year of university majoring in finance and minoring in economics.. I have to ask myself the same question of "WTF am I doing here" every time I get up to go to class.

The ONLY answer to your question is that education is NEVER a waste of time, and knowledge is power. Just get through it. You will regret quitting more than wasting your time at school...
I find my degree course incredibly boring and incredibly easy. I would much rather be earning money.

But in this day and age, you need a degree just to get your foot in the door at any decent job.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
i certainly am!! what halls are you in and what year?

first year law, up in Endcliffe Village... you?

Last.fm
Quote by brennanlewis
I am in my second year of university majoring in finance and minoring in economics.. I have to ask myself the same question of "WTF am I doing here" every time I get up to go to class.

The ONLY answer to your question is that education is NEVER a waste of time, and knowledge is power. Just get through it. You will regret quitting more than wasting your time at school...

have you thought about a change of major? i would never want to go through school thinking "why am i here". just an open thought.

Quote by MarshallMadness
The Pit, Uniting retards everywhere, but most importantly europe.

and, this.
Quote by the fendernator
Don't ask the Pit important things, silly. Of course university's worth it but most of the losers in the pit seemed to have stopped education after the age of 16 so you'll get some crude responses. Just be sure to take a gap year to save some money!

I don't need money, my grades are so high, I got free tuition. I just wanted to know if I was the only one who tought that getting a degree or more is the right thing to do, for intellectual professions.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by flambe chicken
first year law, up in Endcliffe Village... you?

i feel so poor and ****...

*whispers*philosophy

and i'm at tapton, not prison block though thankfully!! don't suppose you're going to protest the hero/human abstract or gojira at corp in march?
Quote by Jackal58

Quote by Kilty Boxers
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha

*whispers*philosophy

and i'm at tapton, not prison block though thankfully!! don't suppose you're going to protest the hero/human abstract or gojira at corp in march?

my flatmate is doing philosophy... and no, but i'm taking my little brother to see A Day To Remember there on Thursday. I've been before, it is such a dive, almost as filthy as Vodka Nationwide at the Academy haha

Last.fm
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha

*whispers*philosophy

i first read that as "i dont suppose you are going to protest (space) 'the hero/human abstract' [as if it were a forum discussion topic of sorts] or 'gojira' [same forum thought] at [place] corp in march.

then, i was all
Thanks guys. I hate how some people thinks of higher education as a waste of time and cash. I know that I'm not alone who feel that way

Quote by Kiwi Ace
Definitely worth it, a Public relations major is... interesting... you can't do that here.

My education is pretty weird. 1 year in international buisness, 2 years of law, I'm on my second year of public relations. Guess I have varied tastes
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Last edited by JeanMi36 at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by Skierinanutshel
i first read that as "i dont suppose you are going to protest (space) 'the hero/human abstract' [as if it were a forum discussion topic of sorts] or 'gojira' [same forum thought] at [place] corp in march.

then, i was all

you what? i put the / in there because the gig is both protest the hero and the human abstract together if that's what you're getting at.
if you're facepalming because of my choice of bands, fair enough enjoy your opinion...

what's your mate doing philosophy called, on the offchance i know him/her?
Quote by Jackal58

Quote by Kilty Boxers
Quote by JeanMi36
I don't need money, my grades are so high, I got free tuition. I just wanted to know if I was the only one who tought that getting a degree or more is the right thing to do, for intellectual professions.

Although wrong in my eyes, employers tend to judge people on what grades they've got and then form opinions about intelligence, and then (unfortunately) on usefulness.

It's a shame really, as anyone with loads of free time can revise and revise for any exam and pass it. Taking a degree just means you can afford to do so and are willing to commit a few years of your life to your chosen subject. Just make sure you enjoy whatever you're going in for. For intellectual professions you're ****ed without a degree! What degree are you going for?
im going to college right now. im not sure if its worth it, ill just have to see...

and dont try and correct my punctuation and grammar just because i said im in college, i dont care right now
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
you what? i put the / in there because the gig is both protest the hero and the human abstract together if that's what you're getting at.
if you're facepalming because of my choice of bands, fair enough enjoy your opinion...

what's your mate doing philosophy called, on the offchance i know him/her?

nah, the was because i didnt get the original intention (seeing a gig) and instead thought you were going to actually protest something (y'know, all uni activist style)
Quote by the fendernator
For intellectual professions you're ****ed without a degree! What degree are you going for?

Like I said before. I have a international buisness and law background, but majoring in Public Relations right now!
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by Skierinanutshel
nah, the was because i didnt get the original intention (seeing a gig) and instead thought you were going to actually protest something (y'know, all uni activist style)

oooh. well, this being the pit i assumed you were insulting me in some way. my bad.
Quote by Jackal58

Quote by Kilty Boxers
Alot of the money these days is in trades, actually.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Where im from there are too many people with degrees. Tony Blair had the fantastic idea wanting 50% of the countries kids to get a degree, which is all well and good until you realise that there are not that many jobs that require degrees
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
I've been offered $100,000 a year out of high school, the high school I attend has a automotive program that has several nascar sponsers, and Ricky Rudd is a friend of my dads and when he found out I attended school there he asked me to come to work for him so thats what Im doing