I myself own a Line 6 Spider III amp and I find it a great amp which can mimic the sounds of many different genres and can even sound almost identical to a bass guitar. So why does everyone find this is amp a sh*tty amp? Tell me what's wrong with it?
Well, I can't speak for everyone on UG, but i don't like it because it just sounds too digital for my tastes. I suppose it's an alright practice amp, but above 30 watts I think I just starts sounding worse and worse.

Oh, and please use the searchbar. There are seriously tons of threads like this.
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
Well, I can't speak for everyone on UG, but i don't like it because it just sounds too digital for my tastes. I suppose it's an alright practice amp, but above 30 watts I think I just starts sounding worse and worse.

Oh, and please use the searchbar. There are seriously tons of threads like this.

these

btw, br34kd0wn, i love anchorman. cause there were horses, a man on fire and i killed a guy with a trident!
Last edited by randomhero93 at Feb 16, 2009,
i have a Spider II and find it does everything i need and easily find good tones, tho some effects do suck.
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
I'd agree with what most of the people in this thread have said, it sounds a little too "fake" to me. Maybe just because I like the tone I can get from tube amps, but there's also better amps in its price range as many will tell you. I'd save up and get something better.
It's alright as a practice amp, but I find its distortion channels to sound too muddy and not clear enough. Maybe with enough tweaking of the EQ and settings, you might get a decent distortion out of it.

As with most SS practice amps, their distortion lacks depth and clarity compared to a nice tube amp.

The real problem with the Spider is that they make a 75W version of it and also a half stack version of it and also a 150W version of it too I think. Those are just awful. You're getting an oversized practice amp with those. When you're paying more than like $300, you don't want an oversized practice amp.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer