Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, but I've been looking through this site for years. Anyways, I've been playing for 3-4 years and I'm no half bad at it. I mostly play classic rock, as well as some metal, ska, blues, and reggae. I've been looking for a new guitar for about a week now online and I can't decide what I want.

I'm trying to keep it under $500.

Here's what I had in mind:
-Luna Apollo
-Epiphone Studio
-Fender Telecaster
-Jackson DXMG

Feel free to suggest others. Thanks in advance.
what gear do you have right now?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Thank god for Anchorman

Epiphone LP ?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Fender MIM Fat Strat (HSS humbucker setup) should give you a lot of versatility. Out of curiosity, what amp do you have?
Fender 1989 MIJ Strat (It's from the 80's, so it's gotta be legit!)
Breedlove AC25 SM
Quote by scumfiesta1124
Right now I have an Ibanez GRG and I use stock everything, and I have an Orange Crush 15R Amp.

you might want to replace that first, it will give you more tonal improvement
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
you might want to replace that first, it will give you more tonal improvement

I hear the crush is a good amp, really. I think a new guitar is acceptable in this case.

TS, i think you should look for a used DK2 because then you have the HSS setup and floyd rose if you ever need to use it. Or HSS strat as said before. I'm not sure how good les pauls are for ska and stuff, though...
Quote by scumfiesta1124
I played the Luna Apollo today and I really really liked it. Has anyone else ever used one?

I have played it when I had no idea what I was doing. Now I am seriously considering buying one. I stumbled on this thread just looking for info on the Luna Apollo. Does anyone have experience with this guitar that want to share?
Last edited by fcarpio at Dec 9, 2009,