what methods do you guys usually use to learn songs that are more difficult than your used to?

i did the search bar and didnt find anything, if there already is a thread like this, send me the link
Repetition, repetition, repetition.

The more you stimulate those neurons in the brain, the quicker they'll turn into long-term memory which will let you play the song.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
I know it sounds like the biggest cliche, but practice, practice, practice!
Sorry man, thats all i can offer.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Quote by thankyougermany

This
Quote by Dave Gilmour
practice, practice, practice!

This as well...
Quote by thankyougermany

The more you stimulate those neurons in the brain, the quicker they'll turn into long-term memory which will let you play the song.

omg, you make guitar playing sound like a chore. your kids will one day grow up to hate you (if and when you have kids)

but i guess you're right. you just make it sound... horrible
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
focus on the most difficult sections for a while, once you get them down add them back in very slowly at first, then pick speed back up.

edit: By the way, love the pink floyd reference in your account name.
It's Ok, I'm a Doctor
T-T
(In Obviousness)

Quote by Irishstang_87
Good god, you're a Twilight fan. What are you doing in a scientific discussion?

Quote by Thewickerman666
I just watched a turtle rape a shoe, and must admit I slightly enjoyed it.

I feel dirty
Last edited by Samdunhamss at Feb 16, 2009,
break it into smaller chunks and learn it piece by piece.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
I agree with repetition. The best way to learn new riffs and such is to take it piece by piece and slow. You grasp a better understanding for riffs and scales by taking time to work them out.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
i was about to say:

Watch out for that Axe!!
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Get someone to sit with you while you play it. Every time you make a mistake, they get to rub your penis with a cheesegrater for 10 seconds.
Slow it right down and break it into manageable chunks, then practice, practice, practice
It's exactly the same as ****ing:

Work on one part at a time, pay most attention to the parts that are the hardest but don't neglect the rest. Start slowly, then gradually go faster and faster but make sure your technique doesn't become sloppy. If it's too difficult at first, do practice routine to improve your fingering and right-hand technique.
Slowly to a metronome till you play perfectly

gradually increase the tempo
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Quote by MightyAl
Get someone to sit with you while you play it. Every time you make a mistake, they get to rub your penis with a cheesegrater for 10 seconds.

I am totally gonna sig this...
Quote by MightyAl

i was gonna try to say something funny, but i cant ****ing follow that