Hey guys,

So here's the deal: I've got my Rebel running through my Valve Junior cab (out of the 16 ohm output on the head). Let's say I buy another cab, one that is 8 ohms, would I be able to run it out of the 8 ohm output of the head at the SAME time as the 16 ohm output?

Thanks!
no but you should be able to chain 2 x 16 ohm cabs together and run out of your 8 ohm output on your head.

as long as they are wired the right way.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
no but you should be able to chain 2 x 16 ohm cabs together and run out of your 8 ohm output on your head.

as long as they are wired the right way.

Well the Egnater cab has two jacks on the back of it. If I get that, then go out of the 16 ohm output into the Egnater, then out of the Egnater into the Valve Junior, will that work out well?
i read your post a few times and im confused.

amp out---->in-cab-out----->in-cab

you'll have to ask about ohms and how the jacks are wired tho.
you want them in parallel.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
i read your post a few times and im confused.

amp out---->in-cab-out----->in-cab

you'll have to ask about ohms and how the jacks are wired tho.
you want them in parallel.

Oh boy...this is more confusing than I thought.
I don't believe you can have two cabs like you suggested, GNRjungle87.

But jenny is right. If you wish to run two cabs, it would be wiser to build a second cab with an impedance of 16 ohms, then run it in parallel.

http://www.colomar.com/Shavano/4x12wiring.html

Assuming your VJ cab has one speaker, then the jack is wired with the negative to the ring, and the positive to the tip.

Wire your new cab like this. Also, add a jack to your current cab, so it's like this.

Ignore three of the speakers in that circuit.

then connect it like this:

This will give you two cabs run in parallel, for 8 ohms.
im gonna save making a thread and just ask my question as well

can i do this
my head at 4 ohms
left output-->left input of cab at 8 ohms
right output-->right input of same cab at 8 ohms

will this run my cab in stereo?
when it comes to amp-cab connection im kinda noob, lol
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
my amp has a left &right output
my cab has a left & right input

can i connect both (each side at 8 ohms)
and run the amp at 4 ohms
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
It can get very confusing. Basically two cabs OF THE SAME IMPEDANCE can be wired in parallel and give the system half the impedance of each cab. So 2 16ohm = 8ohm or 2 8ohm = 4ohm
But SOMETIMES, wiring from amp to cab to cab produces a series system so the impedance of each cab hits the circuit in turn, effectively doubling the impedance.
I sat down for an hour once working out the best wiring for an improvised PA with 16 ohm tweeters, 8 ohm 2x12s and 8ohm bass bins from a WEM 12 ohm output amp.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

does seeing it this way help?

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62