Sorry if there is already a post for this, but I can't seem to find one.

Okay, so right now I'm in a band that plays a mixture of hardcore and punk music with influences like Saosin, Paramore, Bring Me The Horizon, A Day To Remember, Four Year Strong, etc. I'm playing a Gibson Les Paul Standard, and it's just too heavy for on stage!

So here's what I need:

Something light weight so I can move around and rock out, but with enough power to keep the heavy riffs coming.

I've tried out the Gibson SG, which I like but it's not my favorite because of bridge and plug in placement. I've also tried out a Fender Tele with humbuckers, but was not impressed because it was twangy as hell.

So any recommendations?

P.S. Don't worry about price, The House of Guitars around here has some pretty good discounts.
try a gibson les paul studio.. they are a lot lighter and have the same great tone

other than that, try a strat
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
other than that, try a strat

he said he did not want twangy though, maybe a strat with humbuckers in it?

I'd say go with prs, they make some lightweight thick sounding guitars
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
PRS sounds the way to go so far...

and dude, Carvins blow...I tried out all their guitars at the factory in California. Not worth it. Not to mention, it was a ****ty part of town...
if you like the sound of your guitar just practice more standing up and jumping around and you will gain the strength to use it for a whole show. saves you the money for something else you might need.
Quote by joe_k
if you like the sound of your guitar just practice more standing up and jumping around and you will gain the strength to use it for a whole show. saves you the money for something else you might need.

Yeah for sure. Sounds like you like your guitar, you should practice standing up more often.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud