At first I was thinking a dean, but apparently people around here dont like them to much...so now it's between a Schecter and a ESP. I would try them out at guitar center but they only have Schecters...no ESP's. Im leaning toward a Schecter Hellraiser....or an ESP for around that much money....What would be the best for me? I play stuff like sum 41, lostprophets, yellowcard, zebrahead, and the occasional system of a down/disturbed. Thanks for any of your help.
To Tell you the truth. I would look into an Ibanez for what you play. They are very versatile. Go to guitar center and try some out. I hope you have some luck
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender American Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Randall G3 Series 75w Amplifier
and Myself
The main difference between most ESPs and Schecters is neck size and color scheme, try some of each out, they're both nice its more preference than anything. I think a used ESP LTD EC-1000 or New EC-400/500 might be great for you
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Hellraiser owns, but you look like you like rockish punky stuff. Hellraiser more for metal, not that it wouldnt work. Look at the ESP EC models. might like those...
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200
Quote by lethaldosage45
Hellraiser owns, but you look like you like rockish punky stuff. Hellraiser more for metal, not that it wouldnt work. Look at the ESP EC models. might like those...

what he said, get the new esp ltd ec-401 http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC401-Electric-Guitar?sku=580199
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
Why not an Epi Les paul for punky stuff o_o
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
at that price you will almost ceartinaly get a good guitar but it will be hit and miss on getting a great guitar. my suggestion would be to not think about brand so much but just figure out what you generally want from a guitar as far as sound and feel and go to a guitar center and start trying stuff out. you can get close to figuring out what you want by looking at specs but you have to be able to feel and hear it to know its the one thats the best youre going to get for the money.
Get the Dean. No razorback though. Get their V.
In response to my admission of Virginity:
Quote by RPGoof
We're all virgins here, don't worry.
Quote by hopespaul
don't get ibanez.. their pickups suck

Unless you get an RG prestige for a little more, they have pretty good dimarzio's

Stock pickups are really not as bad as everyone make them out to me, theyre just kind of meh.

You could always get like a 650-700 ibanez and swap the pups if you take that route.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
if you want a great guitar, try ALL the guitars you can... try (I dont know much about ESP) an ESP model, a Schecter C-1, Ibanez RG, Dean ML/VMNT, Jackson DK2/RR3
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by hopespaul
don't get ibanez.. their pickups suck

They're not that bad, you can always replace them too
Ibanez guitars are very very nice, especially ones made in Japan.
I had a prestige that costed me around 800, really nice guitar.
27mMoV31II7.a2
if you dont trust to order from the internet from like Rondomusic... Michael Kelly guitar for that price will blow any schecter in the price range... its your best bang for the buck try them
Last edited by just17n8 at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by The People Lead
I have an esp f-100 fm with a line six pod xt live processor and a little crate amp... 789 bucks

He clearly asked what the best guitar for 800 was,not if he could get a decent effects processor and a crap amp and guitar for 800.

I'd look into the used market to be honest TS,best bang for your buck right there if you shop like an educated consumer.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I just picked up a Dean ML Shadow over the weekend at GC. It is a great guitar. For $599 with a hardshell case, I couldn't pass it up. I was in the market for a Razorback, but this changed my mind. The stock pickups are OK but I plan to drop a Dimebucker in the bridge.
Quote by freebird!
At first I was thinking a dean, but apparently people around here dont like them to much...so now it's between a Schecter and a ESP. I would try them out at guitar center but they only have Schecters...no ESP's. Im leaning toward a Schecter Hellraiser....or an ESP for around that much money....What would be the best for me? I play stuff like sum 41, lostprophets, yellowcard, zebrahead, and the occasional system of a down/disturbed. Thanks for any of your help.

That is what is wrong with your post. If YOU like Dean, get a Dean.

Schecters are supposed to be good guitars - I've not played them extensively, but I can tell you for that kind of music, EMGs will likely not suit. They're pretty awful at everything except metal, so bear that in mind when making your choice.

Go try some Schecters and play them through an amp similar to what you have and try anything else in there you like the look of too, you might fall in love with something else.
I'm going to gutar center tomorrow to look at them...one of the reasons I want a schecter is because of how damn sexy it looks...can't really find one that combines looks with playability...prove me wrong
considering you only play 2 metalish bands, i wouldnt reccomend a shecter hellraiser as awesome as they are. I would get something with passive pickups not active considering you play different styles of music. Try looking at a jackson with passives or a shecter blackjack with passives.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.