My first guitar build.

I've recently (past maybe year) wanted to build a guitar. I wanted a punky single coil short scale fender-ish guitar to offset my Ibanez and Kramer. I decided I would make a body the shape somewhere between Jag and Mustang (not a Jagstang!) I just received an opportunity to do the guitar body as a school project using my school's CNC. I shall finish when I have funds to do so.

Specs:
24" scale
Alder Body
Two reverse slant single PUs

Subject to change based on availability, funds and my ever changing tastes.

I am not making the neck. If anyone knows a place better than Warmoth to get a neck please share. Any recommendations on hi output singlecoils (strat sized) would be appreciated. i may need to call upon you to help me make a wiring diagram.
Last edited by Jonsin at Feb 16, 2009,
Looking forward to this! The build I'm working on is actually kinda based off a Jag/Mustang... I think they're both really underrated designs... Be sure to give us plenty of pics!
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
Quote by Jonsin
My first guitar build.

I've recently (past maybe year) wanted to build a guitar. I wanted a punky single coil short scale fender-ish guitar to offset my Ibanez and Kramer. I decided I would make a body the shape somewhere between Jag and Mustang (not a Jagstang!) I just received an opportunity to do the guitar body as a school project using my school's CNC. I shall finish when I have funds to do so.

Specs:
24" scale
Alder Body
Two reverse slant single PUs

Subject to change based on availability, funds and my ever changing tastes.

I am not making the neck. If anyone knows a place better than Warmoth to get a neck please share. Any recommendations on hi output singlecoils (strat sized) would be appreciated. i may need to call upon you to help me make a wiring diagram.

guitarfetish.com = cheap
Actually, im currently building a mustang.
I bought my neck from warmoth,
although you can probably find a cheaper one
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
there may not be anything more beautiful :

I have tried many guitar but nothing have match to this one yet

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
guitarfetish neck is an awesome price, unfortunately only 25.5". im pretty set on having a 24" shortscale.

any cheap shortscale necks?
Quote by Jonsin
guitarfetish neck is an awesome price, unfortunately only 25.5". im pretty set on having a 24" shortscale.

pawn shops?

you never know
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by Jonsin

LP Addict
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
NOT LP Addict, no made to order necks. i pm'd him before i wrote this thread.
Aww Lame.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
ya. i was upset.

sidenote. that price is too good to pass up. if i cant find a shorty by the time im putting it together il need to get that. even though i would like scale length variety.

prog report. i should have a scale drawing by this weekend and be ready to start programming tool paths.

if anyone wants a body after i post pics i might be able to sell for wood cost and slight profit to finance my build.
I cut tomorrow. Sorry no pix, i dont have a camera but ill try to hook some up

warmoth neck,

i should be making a sheetmetal control cover (front, like a jag) and maybe pickguard

anyone know where i can get good prices on hardware?
Make the neck yourself?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i dont think im up to the task of making a neck yet. I also don't know where to begin. I might in the summer but right now the plan is to just by a warmoth.