Hi guys. I have a made in Japan standard stratocaster that i think was manufactured around 1988-89. I really like the way it plays, but i believe that the tone will be greatly improved if i get a new trem block. I wanted to get a Callaham trem block but the string spacing on this strat is 2 1/8 in. I was wondering if i went and got one of the bridge assembly that they offer, one in 2 7/32 string spacing (which would be more vintage style?) and one in 2 1/16, if it would mess up the E strings by making them too far outside the frets. Is there any precautions/checks i can do before buying the assembly to realize i'll have any of these problems? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
....... I just want to know if it's possible to find out how far the strings will be once they hit the frets when i change the string spacing from 2 1/8 to something else, and if there's anything i can do to accommodate for it. I dunno, i guess i could take a picture of how the strings look on the fretboard now but i don't know if that will help.
I already did that. It was the first thing I did. He said he didn't know without looking at the guitar and he's too far away for me to do that. I just want to know if there's a way i can measure this.........that's all..... He said it could be a problem...i want to know if i can see that it *will* be a problem.