i am looking to buy a new amp with good metal tone within about $500 or around that.
i am eyeing the peavey valveking 112. any reviews or comments on this amp would be great or suggestions for other amps that would be better.
thanks.
Last edited by somebellguy at Feb 16, 2009,
The Valveking is decent when you do a bunch of mods to it but you can do better for the money...

What kind of metal do you play? Classic, death...
Quote by Magik19
I say save up for a half stack

Why. WHY save up for a half stack when you can get a better combo than half stack for that budget?
yeah im lookin for a combo not a half stack. but i play mostly metallica, all that remains, lamb of god, avenged sevenfold, trivium. stuff thats not like overly hardcore.
so basically alot of thrash.
Last edited by somebellguy at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by somebellguy
yeah im lookin for a combo not a half stack. but i play mostly metallica, all that remains, lamb of god, avenged sevenfold, trivium. stuff thats not like overly hardcore

Look into some used 5150's, or wait for the 6505+ combo to come out.

Also check out the Mesa F-Series, DC-Series, and maybe a Peavey XXX. All of those you'd have to buy used, but they're well worth the money.
^^+1 foar teh usual.......
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by GNRjungle87
Look into some used 5150's, or wait for the 6505+ combo to come out.

Also check out the Mesa F-Series, DC-Series, and maybe a Peavey XXX. All of those you'd have to buy used, but they're well worth the money.
This

/thread

Save a bit more, you'll be glad you did (And sometimes XXX combos can be found cheap)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by somebellguy
yeah im lookin for a combo not a half stack. but i play mostly metallica, all that remains, lamb of god, avenged sevenfold, trivium. stuff thats not like overly hardcore.
so basically alot of thrash.

If you really wanna get all these sounds, I suggest you save up a little more and just buy a mesa boogie dual rectifier. Yeah it's like $1500-2000, but I'm sure you'll get the sound you're looking for.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
RANDALL they aren't that expensive and they are great quality or maybe a mesa boogie
Either
Peavey 5150 combo used if only metal OR
B-52 AT-112 plus either Celestion V30, an MXR 10-band, or a Bad Monkey for everything but mostly metal.