This is pretty damn good, I get kind of a Green Day-ish vibe from the rhythm. The solo was ok, the minor pentatonic bits didn't seem to fit but you finished it pretty well. Nice singing too.

Crit some of my songs? They're in my profile.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
You know this is pretty damn catchy. It's a simple enough song but you don't screw up and the singing is pretty good. The lyrics actually make some kind of sense and the way you sing them fits with what's going on in the background. Nice touch putting in vocal harmonies as well, reminds me a lot of Weezer which is a very good thing. Interesting choice with the solo, its cool with the way that it doesn't quite fit with the rest of the song at the beginning but ends up blending in towards the end. This is a really good song man, very catchy and listeneable (word?). Put a little more polishing into the recording quality and tighten up the playing of the band as a whole is all I can say.

c4c if you have a chance: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1069030
Hey thanks guys... I'm glad to hear you picked up on that "out of place" solo. It's kinda what i was shooting for. It might not be for everybody but i just went with it.
It's a fake wheel, dummy!
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't download music or you'll go to prison and get anally raped.
No man I love it when bands throw that kind of stuff into their songs. I'm guessing you listen to a lot of Weezer?
Yeah i guess i do listen to alot of Weezer. But what's funny is that i never thought it sounded like them until you said something. I guess i was thinking of Weezer sub-consciously while i was writing. lol
It's a fake wheel, dummy!
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't download music or you'll go to prison and get anally raped.