Well I recently had this head offered to me for 1100 USD by a friend who runs a music store.I haven't tried it out yet and don't know much about the brand,so I figured the folks over in GG&A might know a few things and have some opinions on it.I play anything from blues to prog metal and from what I hear it's a versatile amp,which is a big plus.Is this a reasonable price for a used Cobra that's in good condition? What do you guys think of their sound?

Any help/opinions is much appreciated

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

$1100 !?!?!???!?!?

GET IT NAO!!!

and then make a New amp day thread to make everyone jealous.....

including me.........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I'm taking a drive up to the store to test it out soon and yeah,1100 USD.What do they usually go for?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Where do you live?

If you do not buy it, I will buy it. Seriously. I will really buy it. Would they be willing to ship or do an online buy?
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
if you play metal, it's an absolute monster of an amp, and that's a very good deal on the head. I've seen them lately from 1200-1400. Match it with the right speakers/cabs and guitars/pups, and it will reward you. Greenbacks in a frontloaded quality cab match up great with it. I've heard P50E also compliment it nicely. It's tough to get actives to jive great with it, the 85 is one of the few actives I've liked with the amp. Hot passives work great.

Great cleans, and great metal tones. You could get some nice sounding bluesy dirty tones out of the clean channel. Really nice shimmering bright clean, I really dug it.

The crunch channel is really a metal channel IMO. I didn't really consider this a crunch channel, more like a metal rhythm channel. The amp took nicely to boosts too. Lead channel is all out metal, but both channels easily get you there.

Couple tips, make sure the amp is biased correctly. They sound really fizzy with crossover distortion if the bias is set too cold. It's set really cold from the factory because of warranty reasons too. Keep the channel volumes up around 2:30+, and use the master to control volume. The preamp needs those volumes up to sound it's best, it really makes a noticable difference.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
@TS
$1500 cheapest
$2500 highest....
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
@TS
$1500 cheapest
$2500 highest....

Where you lookin for amps? They've been selling really cheap lately because of the economy, but I've never seen one over $1700, unless you're talking new here...

Great amps though, $1100 is a good price, well worth it if you like the sound. I was offered one for $1000 a month or so ago, really wish I could've taken it, but didn't want to take it out of my bank account, I bought the cab though
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ an expensive cobra is a new cobra..........
feel free to add me
Cobra's aren't actually that flexible. It's mostly only super br00talz tones. But let me tell you, for metal, it is the the heaviest sounding amp you will ever get. But if you play anything other than metal or metal related genre's, its probably not for you.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Did your friends leave the room to go to the bathroom excessively? If so, they were masturbating.

Quote by JewMasatFlex
if that is why you are playing guitar, then stop. play guitar because you like music, not because you want some pussy
Old Thread, I know, but I came across it while I was searching on Cobra's. I'm selling mine if anyone is interested in buying one. I'm asking $1,200. Let me know if you're interested.
Quote by GuitarCrazyFrog
Cobra's aren't actually that flexible. It's mostly only super br00talz tones. But let me tell you, for metal, it is the the heaviest sounding amp you will ever get. But if you play anything other than metal or metal related genre's, its probably not for you.

The cobra and dragon are extremely similar, channel 3 on the cobra has one extra cap I believe...

that being said, the 2nd channel is a great blues channel. Roll off on the gain, crank the bass and you have SRV. The clean channels on Framus blow my mind. Best clean in a metal amp I've heard.

Channel 3 doesn't require any explanation. It's ****ing metal.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
The cobra and dragon are extremely similar, channel 3 on the cobra has one extra cap I believe...

that being said, the 2nd channel is a great blues channel. Roll off on the gain, crank the bass and you have SRV. The clean channels on Framus blow my mind. Best clean in a metal amp I've heard.

Channel 3 doesn't require any explanation. It's ****ing metal.

i always thought the dragon was flexible and the cobra was brutal and thats all
I'm not terribly familiar though
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene