Has anybody ever been stuck with a bad roommate?

Unfortunately, my roommate is... not the best. He was a good friend of mine in high-school, so we went ahead and roomed together in college. I never realized until I lived with him just how awful he is. Hygiene is a foreign concept to him, as he only showers every few days and never brushes his teeth (he only started to put on deodorant a few months after we moved in), and he's an elitist at everything. A conversation about music would go like this with him:

RM: "What are you listening to?"

Me: "Oh, I'm listening to B.B. King and..."

RM: "B.B. King sucks."

Me: "Have you ever listened to him?"

RM: "No."

He thinks he's right about everything, and he's completely rude about it. If you say you enjoy anything he doesn't like at all, it's "well, that sucks, what I like is better simply because I like it." You know, the type of person that thinks he's perfect and looks down upon everyone else.

tl;dr - My roommate is bothersome. Share experiences you have with bad roommates.

Edit: Also, I think I should add that my friends and I suspect he's a stalker. He won't leave this girl alone and he won't stop talking about her even though she's not interested and is trying to get rid of him.
"Perception of Balance " - My album.

"Run away from the ending road, the desolate cold, and the broken home."
Last edited by czlespaul at Feb 17, 2009,
i've had 3 different room mates in college this year alone.

my first was my best friend, we are the same. he was by far the best room mate i ever had. then i had a room mate who farted very loudly every few minutes, weighed like 400 pounds, ate all the time, blasted the tv. the room mate now is just kinda awkward. he just says hi, bye, and thats about it.

all room mates suck dude.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
My friend has a roommate who's quite the douche. A few days ago my friend rubbed his balls all over everything his roommate owns, including a cup he uses to store protein shakes.

Needless to say, I was quite proud of him.
you should spray him with water when he's sleeping. just cuz. also cuz he stinks. but mostly just cuz.

when i was five my sister's crib was in my room. babies are loud at night.

semi-disconnected thought, i never took naps when i was a little kid, but everyone else i knew did. was i unusual?
Quote by Joetime
Every time I masturbate it feels like I'm committing a small scale infanticide. Feels cool.
Quote by psychogel
you should spray him with water when he's sleeping. just cuz. also cuz he stinks. but mostly just cuz.

when i was five my sister's crib was in my room. babies are loud at night.

semi-disconnected thought, i never took naps when i was a little kid, but everyone else i knew did. was i unusual?

No, I never took naps either.

And I spray febreeze every time he leaves to try to eradicate the smell.

My roommates are cool.

One of them is kind of a hardcore republican though. But he's not very annoying about it, so it's ok.
kill all humans
i've been stuck with THREE bad roommates. they didn't clean ****, one didn't shower, one would keep me up til two in the morning talking to his girl friend(we shared a room), they never payed for anything, i could go on and on and on. having roommates can be fun but make sure you know who it is first. i didn't know them personally when i moved in.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
My roommates are cool.

One of them is kind of a hardcore republican though. But he's not very annoying about it, so it's ok.

Mine is a hardcore Republican/Christian. I don't care what anybody else believes, so it wouldn't normally bother me. But he's overbearing about morals, and looks down on anyone different.

My roommate from last year (my freshman year)....short nerdy kid who was really into video games and anime

We were getting really annoyed with each other near the last month of school, and during the last few days, he slept in his closet once and then another time slept in a sitting position on the corner of his bed facing directly against me.....I kept getting a "because I can" response everytime I asked him why.

I thought he was gonna kill me.
mine is a flaming homosexual that has propositioned me...

my first roomate was awesome, we both played instruments and like the same musics, so we jammed whenever possible
xbox live gamertag: phillips215
Last edited by jp58 at Feb 17, 2009,
I have 3 roommates, but it's a 4 bedroom apartment off campus. I have my own room...

This is the life.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
My life is a sitcom. I live with two guys named Keith, one gay as the day is long, the other the shining epitomy of machismo straightness.

THe day I moved in I looked in the liquor cabinet and one side was literally melon liquers and such while the other was 5 varieties of whisky.

The movie rack was divided into musicals and buffy the angel on one side, and action movies and (american) football game tape on the other.

Needless to say there have been many a zany adventure at my house. My roommates are the best!
Quote by dullsilver_mike
My life is a sitcom. I live with two guys named Keith, one gay as the day is long, the other the shining epitomy of machismo straightness.

THe day I moved in I looked in the liquor cabinet and one side was literally melon liquers and such while the other was 5 varieties of whisky.

The movie rack was divided into musicals and buffy the angel on one side, and action movies and (american) football game tape on the other.

Needless to say there have been many a zany adventure at my house. My roommates are the best!

epic

Also, I'm in your sig
kill all humans
My roomate pretended to be all cool with me smoking weed, then he ratted me out. Now I almost got kicked outta my colledge res. and I can't have people over and they do random checks. **** my roomate is a dick.
My first roommate was this emo dude who left myspace bulletins hinting that he wanted to kill himself. Kind of annoying, though. He thought he was a genious, too.

My second roommate was a pain at first, was cool when we started hanging out, but then became an ass again.

My rommate now is one of my best friends, and so far we've been pretty cool. We respect each other's ****, so it's all good.