so a buddy of mine has a fender roc pro 1000
which is ****ING LOUD!!
but for some reason he is using a digitech death metal pedal through it (as if it couldnt get loouder or more annoying)

from what i can tell by reading reviews, this amp is very giggable hybrid amp

im curious if anyone knows what the distortion is like on it though
my buddy never uses it without that godawful pedal (it is definitely worse than some opinions i have heard of the boss MT 2)

anyone have any experience with this amp
i know solid states can suck when played at high volumes, but i saw this being used at a show a couple days ago, with a quite crisp distortion
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
If you already know what the distortion sounds like from the gig, why are ou asking what the distortion sounds like? Maybe I'm not understanding.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
^^couldnt see what else the guy had in his setup

wondering if its amp only
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
the pedal says "death metal" so it HAS to be good.. no?

i think certain pedals with words like "metal" or signature gear is just a gimmick.

the "METAL muff" "death METAL distortion" "METAL zone" are all not too great as well as the zakk wylde overdrive, slash wah, avril telecaster, ect...

i think he probably thinks it sounds better because it SAYS metal on it, and just doesn't have an ear for tone yet.. or he needs to have a footswitch for his amp but is making do with a pedal.. or he just like the feeling of having a pedal.. all bad reasons to use a death metal pedal.

i haven't heard the amp, but you should ask him to switch the channel at a practice
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
It's decent, but not for the M3T@L.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
^The Metal Muff is actually pretty good.

The Roc Pro is very high wattage, and a pretty decent amp. I don't know about the distortion, though, but tell him to stop using that DM pedal, at least.
at least the dudes honest.

Don't judge me.
^^ i know
dear god its awful
heres the sad part
i would actually take MG "distortion" over his tone anyday

lol
now i know what people mean by "ANGRY BEES IN TEH PEDAL!!"

edit: Who's honest?
Glimsom wrote:
Last edited by roarinflames at Feb 17, 2009,
I'd buy a DM pedal for 10 bucks. You can use it as a wall of noise type of thing.
Quote by roarinflames
^^ i know
dear god its awful
heres the sad part
i would actually take MG "distortion" over his tone anyday

lol
now i know what people mean by "ANGRY BEES IN TEH PEDAL!!"

edit: Who's honest?

go to the Craigslist post. Read it.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
go to the Craigslist post. Read it.

oh yeah i read it
didnt realize you were talking about him though lol

i agree with the wall of noise type deal
maybe for teh droens m3talz!
Glimsom wrote:
TS your wasting your time. To your friend its the perfect tone. I know someone who uses the same sort of set up a digitech death metal into a hartke hybrid half stack. He fights with the amp constantly. Im not sure which is worse the feedback or the tone. I showed him 1 night how to adjust the pedal and amp for almost no feedback and to get somewhat decent heavy tone out of it. He says "wow thats awesome the feedback is gone and I can hear my chords and its still heavy". 5 minutes later everything was back to the original settings with the horrible feedback and a mash of noise. I just go get a beer out of the fridge and go outside to keep my hearing and wait for him to be done.