Page 1 of 3
Okay I did this awhile ago but I"m gonna do it again with some updates.

Amp:
Splawn Competition 1000 (used)

Cab:
Avatar 2x12 (speaker suggestions?)-300?

Pedals:
TS9
MXR Dist+
Boss DD7
Rocktron tsunami Chorus

I think this is all I want for this year I'm trying to keep it under 2k. I would like Suggestions for everything here if you have a better idea, btw Chorus is for nothing more than fattening up (Doubling) so don't recommend some crazy chorus.

the Splawn is pretty much set in stone unless you have hard evidence that there is something better for 70s and 80,s Classic rock (Van halen, Boston, GnR ) AND can do Metalish stuff (Pillar, Skillet, Kutless>

I'm also really hoping to get another les paul ( with a P90 maybe) and a strat (from hatebreeder)
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
How about a reverb pedal? Not sure if the Splawn has it built it or not. That looks like a solid rig to me, assuming you've tried out those pedals and have chosen them out of preference.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
the only one I haven't tried is the Dist+ but I have heard it many times
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
If you don't mind me asking, what's the point of the MXR Dist?

Replace the TS9 with an OD808
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
or...Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde. Or Keeley Plus Mod TS-9 and the Dist+.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
More saturation, the TS9 is just for a boost the Dist + is actually for a bit of dirt
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
More saturation, the TS9 is just for a boost the Dist + is actually for a bit of dirt

gotcha.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
didnt someone else do the rig of DOOM thread a couple months ago and drop his tube amp or something

this sounds like an unlucky thread to me

better knock on some wood
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
....? what are you talking about?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
nothing
couldnt find the thread
there was a guy who decided to make a thread for his rig called rig of doom or something relatively similar,

the next day his tube amp head fell off his stack or something and basically stopped working, thus,
dooming his rig
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.

that would suck
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Your rig is doomed.

edit:
Glimsom wrote:
Last edited by roarinflames at Feb 17, 2009,
I don't have it yet so I'm okay for a bit, and I don't know How I am going to drop a combo that hasn't been moved in 2 months and needs new tubes anyways
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Still doomed.

wait your amp is a combo
i read something wrong i think

Edit: i am too tired to be here right now
lol
got it TS
Glimsom wrote:
Last edited by roarinflames at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by Bostonrocks
Okay I did this awhile ago but I"m gonna do it again with some updates.

Amp:
Splawn Competition 1000 (used)

Cab:
Avatar 2x12 (speaker suggestions?)-300?

Pedals:
TS9
MXR Dist+
Boss DD7
Rocktron tsunami Chorus

The Tsunami is a very good chorus, so you wouldn't need any more. I personally think you should change the TS9 for an OD9 or an Xotic BB Preamp. The delay should most definitely be analog, so go an MXR Carbon Copy or a Maxon AD-999, you want something clean, yet characterful. There really isn't a need for a distortion pedal IMO, and if you do, I would get a fuzz for a different sound (though I know you do make fuzzes, so that would be pointless)
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I"ll definatly look into that man, thanks
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Maybe an EQ or 2.

My gear goal this year is 2 MXR 10 bands

Edit: Good choice on the DD-7, I've got one. Didn't think I'd need all the fancy extras but I actually use the loop function a lot.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Last edited by wiliscool at Feb 17, 2009,
I have an EQ already, I really liked the DD7 thats probably gonna be the first pedal I get
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
What EQ do you have? I'm trying to get a lot of opinions before I buy one (or 2) myself.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
I own a GE-7 (by Boss) Its a good enough pedal but the MXR is better. the GE7 is cheaper though
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
bumpity
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Are you getting a new Dist+ or a vintage one?
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Quote by Bostonrocks

Pedals:
Boss DD7 $159.99
Rocktron tsunami Chorus $49.99 on MF right now

$210.00 to $220.00 if you don't already have them. But consider this...
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lexicon-MX200-Dual-ReverbEffects-Processor?sku=181014&src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0

Some gear savant rec'd it to me. I'm strongly considering it for the same uses as you.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I"ll look into it, It's just I'll have to get a midi contoller and all sorts of stuff.

but if thats the way it's gonna be I should just go all rack effects
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Boston stealing my thread titles eh!?

TS9
MXR Dist+
Boss DD7
Rocktron tsunami Chorus

Go for an OD808 in lieu of the 9. Splawn has built in boost. What features of digital delay would require DD7?
Can't speak on the rocktron
okay 808 it is, I want the tap tempo and the loop the most.

but I might just get a G-major instead.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I don't see a point in buying a Splawn if you're going to use a stompbox for distortion really, call me crazy

Boosting it should get you more than enough dirt.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
You may be right, I may be crazy.

Cookie for reference. but seriously yeah maybe you're right.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
The Splawn has plenty of OD on tap on it's own but a clean boost (of level only) is the shiz nit. Ask Kevin Saale. The guy I bought mine from specifically told me to get a Bad Monkey for this purpose and I was like...

Check. Yep, got that already.
okay, I won't need the DIST+ then I guess
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Billy Joel...

2 cookies in one day, I'm gonna get fat.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Check out a Line 6 DL4 for your delay. Its got 3 preset delays options on tap and a 14 second looper. Its like a hundred bucks more than the DD7 but since your not getting the Dist+ you could probably afford it.
Sig What?
I like the DL4, always have but there is alot there I don't need, so I don't think so.....

there you go Greg
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
You're a big VH fan, have you got a flanger and a phaser?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I thought I put a Phase 90 up there guess not, but yeah I plan on getting a phase 90
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
DD7, Or maybe I'll go rack
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
DD7, Or maybe I'll go rack

Oh, well, then you should be set. Good luck on new rig!!!!!
thank you very much!
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Page 1 of 3