I need to pick a topic for a research paper for school. I've already got a couple ideas, but I'd appreciate some help in thinking of a good one. It has to be controversial, something where I can show both sides of it and than my own opinion. I wanted it to have something to do with the counterculture of the 60's, but I haven't had an idea of how to make that work yet. All suggestions are welcome
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
cheese
i liek it

cheddar vs. american to be exact
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Do it on Analog vs. Digital. Or Tube Amps versus Solid State. Or lesbianism.

Don't do crappy stuff like abortion or gay marriage or drugs.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
The reasons you touch yourself before going to sleep every night.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
How ants are essential to the inner workings of our ecosystem?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Punk Rocker
I need to pick a topic for a research paper for school. I've already got a couple ideas, but I'd appreciate some help in thinking of a good one. It has to be controversial, something where I can show both sides of it and than my own opinion. I wanted it to have something to do with the counterculture of the 60's, but I haven't had an idea of how to make that work yet. All suggestions are welcome

US drug war. Directly related to 60s counter culture. Currently controversial as hell, and an important public issue.

Plus it's a subject full of nuance, so you can make an interesting argument instead of sticking to party lines on both sides like you would with say abortion, gay marriage, and the other typical garbage topics students moronically pick.
i did one last year over censorship,, and then just last month i did one over prisoners rights..... all i learned from that one is dont go to prison and you dont gotta worry about your rights....
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
How about why just the election of Barrak Obama gave a lot of people hope?
the obama one is good but i dont think that would be much of a research paper as much as just an opinionated paper
✠Adolf Hitler✠
Quote by Fritz621
the obama one is good but i dont think that would be much of a research paper as much as just an opinionated paper

Finding people who have and seeing what it was.

I really don't know for me if it was anything more than two things. He wasn't Republican, and we voted for someone who 50-60 years ago wouldn't of been worth a whole vote.
true i just think it would still be a pain in the ass.. but its not me who has to suffer so lol
✠Adolf Hitler✠
yep yep yep...... but i still like doing it over censorship just like the one in my blogs that i posted after i finished it ...... (Shameless self promotion lol
✠Adolf Hitler✠
The Simpsons Vs. Family Guy.

Or

Dividing by 0

Then you wouldn't really have to do anything but write "divide by 0" on a paper.

Wait. I said "divide by 0".

OH SHI-
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Last edited by Primus2112 at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by Fritz621
yep yep yep...... but i still like doing it over censorship just like the one in my blogs that i posted after i finished it ...... (Shameless self promotion lol

What are your views on it?

Is it one of the worst things ever invented?
illegal immigration would be easy.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
the suppression of LSD and other Hallucinogens as genuine gateways to spiritual entities and how the disappearance of shamanism is hurting every human being alive
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Is semen good for a female's face complexion?

A+ right there.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...