I am in the need of a new amp. I was looking into the Peavey Vypyr 30 anyone have this and have any suggestions. I played the Line 6 spider and sounded tinny. The vox ad30 didn't seem to user freindly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would be playing at low volume or with headphones.
WOW. If you think that the Spider sounds tinny... you have terrible EQ management.

Set gain to 10, mids to 5, low to 10, high to 10, Chan. Volume to 10. See what happens. If you don't at least appreciate that tone, you have a chemical imbalance. For a modeling amp, it's heaven.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I'd throw a Marshall MG at him while he succumbs to tone killing gain.

Quote by King Krapp
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.

I have a Vypr 15 that I just recently bought. If you need a good amp to play some metal with then I'd say go for it.
If not then I don't know
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
Quote by headbangerbuggy
WOW. If you think that the Spider sounds tinny... you have terrible EQ management.

Set gain to 10, mids to 5, low to 10, high to 10, Chan. Volume to 10. See what happens. If you don't at least appreciate that tone, you have a chemical imbalance. For a modeling amp, it's heaven.

No.One thousand times no.The spider sounds bad no matter how you spin it,it sounds very fake and thin to me.The Vypyr is the better amp.Also,if you think cranking the gain and scooping the mids is a good sound then you need to stop judging other people and take a long and hard look at your own EQing skills.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by headbangerbuggy

No. Don't listen to him, he's obviously trolling.

I think that a Roland Cube would be great, and I'm very happy with my Valevtronix. You should go to a store and try them both.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
The Vypyr is ok but I don't like it. Just a tip, never use a high gain model with squier single coil pickups unless you like ruptured ear drums.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD
The Vypyr is ok but I don't like it. Just a tip, never use a high gain model with squier single coil pickups unless you like ruptured ear drums.

If you don't like it then why is it in your sig with the :bowdown: thing?
Quote by Pac_man0123
If you don't like it then why is it in your sig with the :bowdown: thing?

Because I'm too lazy to change it.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I haven't played the Vypyr, but it seems like a lot of people like it. I have the VOX AD30VT, and I love it, it is so easy to get it to sound good. I would suggest you try that amp out again because I found it to be the exact opposite, I felt it was very user friendly.
Quote by headbangerbuggy

Wow, put everything to 10 except mids?

You cant call anyones EQ'ing skills bad.

Also, look in the roland cube line, they're pretty good amplifiers.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.