Page 1 of 2
... not a hard question.

post your opinion, if this makes 2 pages, ill post pics for the uninformed
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
That question isn't even worth asking. Ford GT hard out... not that evo VII's are bad.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Im sorry but american cars for the most part are poo.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Im sorry but american cars for the most part are poo.

But we're talking about the ford GT here. That's not poo at all.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
im talking about the rally evo VII not the production model to clarify
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Ehhhhmmmm......

Ford GT.

And only because I prefer Evo VIII and after. Evo VIIs are fine and all, but Evo's REALLY hit their stride from VIII onwards.

The GT takes my vote because it is a good, straightforward sports car. There are problems galore in a lot of areas, but in terms of performance, it's fantastic.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
You'll have to buy used, and Japanese parts are cheaper.

Also, you can't rice a Ford GT. Just saying.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by EnyoAdonai

A polished turd is still a turd.

A very fast turd.

But really, I'd go with the Ford on this one. It's just so much faster, and I'd take a mid-engined 2 door over most sedans any day.

Of course, then I'd sell it.
Ffs, car thread.

Isn't there a rule about vs's threads?

Ford GT anyway.
a little lost.....
Ford GT isn't a rice burner. It wins by default.
Quote by IncubusMan999
donkey the wise, very good

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Currently searching for more ego padding quotes.

Me in pit = me being bored. Any help is much appreciated.
Quote by EnyoAdonai

Unless its a shelby gt 500, not interested. I just hate the whole "theres no replacement for displacement" attitude. They are inefficient, dont look THAT cool IMO, and handle poorly.

That being said, I also dislike the Evos, WRXs, etc. Its getting a bit unoriginal.

If you put behind the wheel of a Dinan tuned BMW E36 M3 however, thats a different story
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Oh rally evo you say? they've pulled out of WRC for the last couple of years haven't they? This changes things a bit... but the Ford GT would still be faster in every way. It's an engineering masterpiece with the looks to suit.

Quote by dcdossett65
Unless its a shelby gt 500, not interested. I just hate the whole "theres no replacement for displacement" attitude. They are inefficient, dont look THAT cool IMO, and handle poorly.

Handle poorly? are you kidding? that car is the GT40 with todays technology in it. The GT40 is still hailed as one of the best race cars of all time.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Last edited by EnyoAdonai at Feb 17, 2009,
seriously, imo GT's are almost always owned by unhealthily rich kiddies with no idea what theyre doing, and it makes you look like a knob for showing it off
Quote by EnyoAdonai
Oh rally evo you say? they've pulled out of WRC for the last couple of years haven't they? This changes things a bit... but the Ford GT would still be faster in every way. It's an engineering masterpiece with the looks to suit.

It is everything BUT an enginerring masterpiece I assure you.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
It is everything BUT an enginerring masterpiece I assure you.

What makes you say that?
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
definately the evo vii,

both cars are nice but the ford handles like sh*t compared to the evo seriously. you cant take that big piece of muscle around corners like the evo.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
I'd take the EVO easily. Unless it was a GT40. But I love EVO's.

Quote by hashishish
I'm so glad I live in Australia with the Holdens

Pfft, Holden's aren't that great. New ones anyway. Excluding the new GTS and Maloo.
Last edited by littlephil at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by EnyoAdonai
What makes you say that?

Its a Ford.

Serisouly, american cars just are plain crappy. Theres a reason Honda Civics from the 80's are still on the road today and veeeery few mustangs are.

Im not trying to send the wrong message, Im a total freak for american cars and their image, my dad and I are restoring a 49' Chevy, but in terms of overall performance and reliability, almost every other company can surpass them.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by jetfuel495
It's a Ford

Ah yeah I support the Holdens too but this car is in a different league to Commodores and Falcons.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Oh the Evo... a combination of good performance and ugly looks not seen since the Fiero.

GT hands down, by the way. It finished the Nurburgring a whole 30 seconds quicker than the production Evo IX... I couldn't find a time for the VII.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
Quote by Rebelw/outaCord
Oh the Evo... a combination of good performance and ugly looks not seen since the Fiero.

GT hands down, by the way. It finished the Nurburgring a whole 30 seconds quicker than the production Evo IX... I couldn't find a time for the VII.
Try doing rally in a GT
Quote by dcdossett65
Its a Ford.

Serisouly, american cars just are plain crappy. Theres a reason Honda Civics from the 80's are still on the road today and veeeery few mustangs are.

Im not trying to send the wrong message, Im a total freak for american cars and their image, my dad and I are restoring a 49' Chevy, but in terms of overall performance and reliability, almost every other company can surpass them.

I agree that the Japan is leading the car industry, but I think that if say The Stig tested them both, the GT would come out on top of the evo.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by EnyoAdonai
I agree that the Japan is leading the car industry, but I think that if say The Stig tested them both, the GT would come out on top of the evo.
In performance, of course.

But ten years down the road which car will run and which one won't start up?
comparing evo's and gt's is like comparing a tree to seaweed... or somthing like that because there two extremely different cars.. the gt is a muscle car with power but very little focus on handling. so you cant really say one is better then the other because one is built for somthing that the other isnt built for. they both have great things about them but not very comparable.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
Quote by MODESTme
comparing evo's and gt's is like comparing a tree to seaweed... or somthing like that because there two extremely different cars.. the gt is a muscle car with power but very little focus on handling. so you cant really say one is better then the other because one is built for somthing that the other isnt built for. they both have great things about them but not very comparable.

Id agree with this. I know the GT would nail the coffin in a straight line, but everything else it just isnt to great at. But yeah i agree you cant really compare the two.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Are you guys thinking of the Mustang GT by any chance? We're talking about the GT (not a Mustang), which is by no means a muscle car.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Quote by jetfuel495
In performance, of course.

But ten years down the road which car will run and which one won't start up?

That's a valid point too, the cars are designed for very different purposes. But I think that the GT can last equally as long, but not as a day to day car. Evos will face problems that Gts don't though.

EDIT: to people saying GT is a muscle car, you are very wrong. It's more comparable to a ferrari than any muscle car. It was modelled after the GT40 which is a very aerodynamic, lightweight, powerful car designed for LM.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Last edited by EnyoAdonai at Feb 17, 2009,
To the guys saying the Evo is the more reliable choice: are you aware the original GT40 was highly succesful in endurance racing due to it's... reliablity?
Last edited by Roast Beef at Feb 17, 2009,
How about the part where it's limited to 212 mph?
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
The EVO.
In Need For Speed Most Wanted, that car was bad ass.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

I've always wanted a GT. They. are. awesome. stop.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Roast Beef
To the guys saying the Evo is the more reliable choice: are you aware the original GT40 was highly succesful in endurance racing due to it's... reliablity?

Are you aware that a production GT shares approximately 0, I repeat 0 parts with a ford GT40, thus rendering your point pointless?

Quote by dcdossett65
Id agree with this. I know the GT would nail the coffin in a straight line, but everything else it just isnt to great at. But yeah i agree you cant really compare the two.

either you are talking about a mustang GT, or somebody has been feeding you mickey rooney's crazy pills

depending on who you ask a GT pulls anywhere from mid to high .9's on the skidpad

the comparison of these 2 vehicles is stupid though, they are different in every conceiveable way, the EVO, despite it's quickness could actually be a daily driver, whereas our friends at ford have created another flashy throwback car with absolutely nothing to offer above any of it's competition,

the ford GT is a $130K+ penis extension that isn't worth the average person's time of day when considering it's competition

the EVO, while I'm not exactly in love with the newest iteration is at least an affordable and competent car that can be driven more than 30 times in a given year
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Carswell98

the EVO, while I'm not exactly in love with the newest iteration is at least an affordable and competent car that can be driven more than 30 times in a given year

If only they hadn't given up designing the body before they finished the nose
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I SERIOUSLY love my american cars, but go with the evo. JDM ftw
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
Evo, American's don't do handling very well. Of course there are exceptions, but very, very few
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Page 1 of 2