So I've got a Fender Koil Kords Standard Instrument Cable, 30ft long. Now, if I put my guitar ->Koil Kord -> Boss DS-1 -> Regular cord -> Amp, and then turn the pedal on, I get a ton of the radio coming through. I think it's cause the coiled cable acts as an antenna too much and when it's before the pedal the gain of the pedal amplifies this. There is an AM transmitter at the end of my street; I don't think this helps. The problem isn't there if I put the Koil Kord after the pedal, but the whole point of the cable is how cool it looks, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this.
Not really much you can do unless you somehow want to shield your cable more.
Hmm okay, that's what I was afraid of. I guess I'll just hope that in other places I play it won't be a problem. Hate having a radio transmitter at the end of my street. Thanks mate.
I figure I can use a noise gate since the AM signal is still a lot less then the guitar signal and it's just the gain of the pedal ramping up the AM when there's no guitar coming in.
Just get a proper cable, cheap cables pick up interference, that's life. No sense on buying something unnecessary when the problem is a simple fix.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Well I fixed the problem by moving into another room.

But yeah; it's disappointing cause this is like a Fender cable, I would've expected it to be more decent.