i am trying to put my intonation in and it says to go forward towards the pickup if its flat is that right because i have put it all the way and it is still a bit flat. is there any other things i should consider. it is an epiphone gibson
either check your nut or raise your action. Those are the only quick fixes that I know of. And are you sure that your bridge isn't on the pegs backwards.
Last edited by Nike-Man at Feb 17, 2009,
When you say 'it say's to go forward'.... what are you referring to?
well, first make sure the neck is straight and that the bridge is suitable for you. Then tune the whole guitar again. ONLY THEN you should play with those screws. Sometimes it's impossible to achieve perfect intonation cuz simply the fretting is bad. But yes, if the note is flat on a string when fretted (and this is consistent on every fret) then you can shorten the strings by going towards the pickups with the screw.

If it's still flat, and you've set the bridge properly (those screws will only allow you minor adjustments) then check the whole setup with a tech. Otherwise it's not that hard.
Quote by Free
When you say 'it say's to go forward'.... what are you referring to?
towards the pickup
Erm.....

Ok maybe I should've been clearer..... what is the 'it' you refer to?
So the saddle says to go forward? And does it write stuff down or does it just plain out speak to you?
Quote by Free
So the saddle says to go forward? And does it write stuff down or does it just plain out speak to you?
look mate just trying to an answer from someone that will help not someone from yahoo chat that only is being a smartarse
Quote by Nike-Man
either check your nut or raise your action. Those are the only quick fixes that I know of. And are you sure that your bridge isn't on the pegs backwards.
raising the action helped a bit thanks mate
I tried to help you but you couldn't even clear up where you got your instructions from. I'm not trying to be a smart arse but it was like pulling teeth.

Yeah you're right, you probably shouldn't have messed with something you don't know about and I was going to suggest you use the original source material (the 'it') to try to resolve your problem.

Good luck with it.
Quote by Free
I tried to help you but you couldn't even clear up where you got your instructions from. I'm not trying to be a smart arse but it was like pulling teeth.

Yeah you're right, you probably shouldn't have messed with something you don't know about and I was going to suggest you use the original source material (the 'it') to try to resolve your problem.

Good luck with it.
everyone else new what i was talking about and you can only get good at something by trying. i havnt worked on any of my guitars but i thought i would try on one just to work it out. alls good.