My mate has a Jackson guitar, I havent personally seen it in person yet, but its a thru-neck apparently, and the body is painted, but the neck isnt, which is weird.

I was generally under the impression that Thru-necks were only unpainted if they had a unpainted body as well, and if the body was painted theyd paint the neck as well.

So yeah, are unpainted necks with a painted body common in thru-neck guitars.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Yes its common it doesnt make a difference, its just personal tastes.
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
It's not common, but it's not rare either. It's hard to explain, basically if this was a pokemon card it with be a un-shiny ninetales.

.. if it were a dragonball character, it would be child Gohan
.. if it were a yu-gi-oh card, it would be a dark magician
.. if it were a pokemon in a game, it would be a dragonair
.. if it were a super hero, it would be the flash
.. if it were a guitar, it would be a neck-thru Jackson of some kind.

You get my point?
The paint ends where the neck joins the body, look at some carvin neck thru guitars, some of them have unpainted necks.
Last edited by marko'd at Feb 17, 2009,
I'm just wondering where the painted body will end....

I'm convinced hes lying and that its a bolt on, but meh.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Looks kinda weird, I would never buy a guitar like that, the painted neck looks so much nicer.

Anyway, beautiful guitar.

I prefer unpainted necks so much more than painted.A neck thru guitar with an oil finished neck is awesome in my mind.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by .Jamison
Yes its common it doesnt make a difference, its just personal tastes.

Wrong, depending on the paint and general preference, the neck can become sticky and harder to play as your hands start to sweat. Alexi L. had the neck on his guitars shaved for the same reason, tho I doubt this would effect someone mashing power chords.
Neck shaved?

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Neck shaved?

sanded / not-painted, you get the point
Quote by lokster
Wrong, depending on the paint and general preference, the neck can become sticky and harder to play as your hands start to sweat. Alexi L. had the neck on his guitars shaved for the same reason, tho I doubt this would effect someone mashing power chords.

You realise that Laiho is the lead guitarist, right?
^That one doesn't look too bad actually. Maybe 'cos it's a trans finish, it seems to go alright, but that LTD looks disgusting at the joint.
its not that uncommon, bc rich does it alot with there NT designs, such as the Beast which has an Inverted Beast Headstock design that goes into the back of the body
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
i like it with the front of the guitar painted, and the back (both neck and body) with a natural finish.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i like it with the front of the guitar painted, and the back (both neck and body) with a natural finish.

That's how I had my Carvin made. Except I got the natural wood on back clear glossed cause I like the feel of painted necks but don't like the look.
The new Jackson Demmelition V has an unfinished neck and painted body, since you referred to your friend's Jackson.
Quote by Vlasco
That's how I had my Carvin made. Except I got the natural wood on back clear glossed cause I like the feel of painted necks but don't like the look.

yeah, i got my legra like that too, except with a satin finish (i don't like the look or feel of painted necks, really, though i don't mind the LP-style see-through painted necks for some reason).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Mazzakazza
You realise that Laiho is the lead guitarist, right?

Yep, the power chord part was directed at the average guitar player (protip : not Laiho)
Quote by lokster
Yep, the power chord part was directed at the average guitar player (protip : not Laiho)

Hah, right, i thought you were saying that Laiho just mashes power chords.

I was like 'wut?'