Okay so whenever we're at band practise and we run the mic into the pa system and our singer starts singing she gets almighty feedback and if we turn it down we can't here her.

How do I stop this happeneing?

thanks

xx
Adjust the levels, stop pointing it at amps, adjust the master volume and the mic volume, neither should be overly high.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Go to the right forum.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Make sure the mic isn't getting covered and do everything metacarpi said.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
If you practice with the PA places as monitors, you'll struggle. Set up like you have an audience. Keep the mic pointing back and, if all else fails, tweak the EQ to compensate for the room's natural acoustics.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Graphic Equalizers are designed for this. It's usually one band of frequencies that cause the problem and the EQ allows you to attenuate that band eliminating the problem. Omin directional mics are often an issue too in close quarters as they pick sound up from all around. A uni-directional mic can help with this.
Moving on.....
Yeah guys thanks (:

I'll try those

But the problem is that we practice in a pre set up practice room that we pay for so it's got all the stuff in there already

How do I turn the mic sensitivity down?
Quote by Sephirothremix
Yeah guys thanks (:

I'll try those

But the problem is that we practice in a pre set up practice room that we pay for so it's got all the stuff in there already

How do I turn the mic sensitivity down?

You see there are a few mic inputs on the front? With a load of dials above it? Look for the volume one there and lower it. Compensate with the master volume dial.

Also, make sure your levels are all at max or anything like that.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.