Hello, I read somewhere that I can run my combo amp through a speaker cab with my amps pre amp out feature, But I tried hooking my amp up to my friends cab with that, and it screamed! not in a good way, I mean there was an extremely high pitched squeal.

His cab had 2 inputs on the back, could I have put the jack in the wrong spot?

Please help, thanks.
Well don't use the preamp out, use the speaker out.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Well what is the speaker on your combo plugged in to? That's the speaker out.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Actually, my amp isn't like alot of amps where the speakers are connected into a jack, mine a wired into something, so am I just screwed about getting a cab, because my band plays alot of shows, and at venues where my amp isn't mic'd there is so much feedback.
Many combo amps dont use a speaker jack its hard wired form speaker to amp. A jack can be added then make a lead from the combo speaker to plug into the jack. Unplug the internal speaker and use a cab if you want then. BUT if its a SS combo your gonna usually gonna be stuck with a 4 ohm load so whatever cab you use would need to match the ohms of the internal speaker or speakers.
You will need to wire up a 1/4" plug that goes to the ext cab. SS amps are ok with an impedance equal to or higher than the minimum spec'd impedance load.
SS are ok with mismatch but going from a 4 ohm load to an 8 ohm will cut the volume alot.