How did you guys come up with your band names?

My band has a name, but it's already taken.. So I guess we need a new one, and we have NO clue how to come up with a new one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Equipment List:

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Mexican Fender Strat w/ Hot Rails pickup in bridge
Marshall AVT 150 combo
Digitech Grunge Distortion
Boss DS-1
i've always had trouble with this sort of thing-when ever i'm trying to come up with a name nothing seems to work.

but someone will randomly say something cool at some point-usually in the course of a conversation, and someone will like it.

the other thing is that you've got 3 too 5 guys in your band, not everyone is going to like the same name.
Cream fan club member #11.
Quote by famefornothing
what kind of band do you play in?
what about random acts of kindness?

We're like a Punk Rock/Punk/Alternative band (sort of mixed I guess)
Equipment List:

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Marshall AVT 150 combo
Boss DS-1
Quote by P.B.
i've always had trouble with this sort of thing-when ever i'm trying to come up with a name nothing seems to work.

but someone will randomly say something cool at some point-usually in the course of a conversation, and someone will like it.

the other thing is that you've got 3 too 5 guys in your band, not everyone is going to like the same name.

Yeah, me and the singer came up with a name and our drummer didn't like it.. and neither did my mum come to think of it
Equipment List:

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Marshall AVT 150 combo
Boss DS-1
Our name came about through a random act. We were hungry, wanted chinese food, and there was a store next to this chinese food place named "Ready, Set, Bingo!" and we loved it. Really, you just need to keep your eyes and ears open, and when you hear something you like, write it down. Then you can present them to your band members, and maybe it'll spark some other ideas.
Guitars
Epiphone G-400
Ibanez RG350DX
Amps
Marshall MG50DFX
Fender Bronco
Pedals
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
MXR EVH Flanger
Boss MT-2
Boss NS-2

www.myspace.com/readysetbingo

Quote by Baba O'Riley
SGRocker407 you have some epic hair. Most curly.
Quote by SGRocker407
Our name came about through a random act. We were hungry, wanted chinese food, and there was a store next to this chinese food place named "Ready, Set, Bingo!" and we loved it. Really, you just need to keep your eyes and ears open, and when you hear something you like, write it down. Then you can present them to your band members, and maybe it'll spark some other ideas.

What an AWESOME name! Haha! God I wish our name came that easy :P
Equipment List:

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Marshall AVT 150 combo
Boss DS-1
We dig it because it matches our personalities. We're just fun-lovin' dudes. But we play deathcore. Such a great contrast. Hahah
Guitars
Epiphone G-400
Ibanez RG350DX
Amps
Marshall MG50DFX
Fender Bronco
Pedals
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
MXR EVH Flanger
Boss MT-2
Boss NS-2

www.myspace.com/readysetbingo

Quote by Baba O'Riley
SGRocker407 you have some epic hair. Most curly.
Quote by SGRocker407
We dig it because it matches our personalities. We're just fun-lovin' dudes. But we play deathcore. Such a great contrast. Hahah

Tbh I never would have guessed that it was a deathcore band from the name. Nice one!
Equipment List:

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Marshall AVT 150 combo
Boss DS-1
Take an everyday thing that is less common, that's how a lot of names happen... or take a phrase/saying and make a MINOR modification.

2 examples:

- I once saw a band named One Bomb Assault, they had named themselves after a Halo 3 playlist... nobody even knew, though.
- I also once saw a band named Do And Die, which was an interesting turn of phrase.
Solid State

Mine is called How To Stop An Exploding Man, ripped from Heroes, but it sounds hardcore.
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Feb 17, 2009,
get 2 bowls and fill them both with cool words written on bits of paper, just anything random that you like and then start picking out words. theres an awesome band out there somewhere called the atomic bitchwax

try and top that!
http://www.bandnamemaker.com/
Lots of good names just to get you started. I think I took mine of Energizing Anarchy, and turned it into Renegade Anarchists. I love that name. To bad it's taken... By me!

Edit:WTF! it came up with Beaten Geezer one time, I hope it's not referring to Geezer Butler from Black Sabbath.

Heres a list:
Bishop of the Failing Creature
Nectarine Pimp(LOL)
Butt-Ugly Nurse(Nurses are meant to be hot, not fat)
Edible Saturday(I wish it was edible... I'm hungry)
Crying Elation
Deceptive Energy
Psycho Vomit
Left Tongue
Desolate Doe
Girlfriend of the Glue
Def Banana
Flannel Eggplant
Death Metal Turtle
Artificial French Turd
Mythical Fat American and the Reject

These are just random name generations. I found most of them funny 90% and about 10% Usefull.
Last edited by timbit2006 at Feb 20, 2009,
Read a good book.

My guitarist was reading one and he noticed two words that popped out at him. we went through like 8 names before we settled on ours.