I cant seem to write good intros, any advice?

I mean music not lyrics by the way, thanks
I have the inverse problem, I have trouble composing verses and such. Its wierd. I suppose the best advice I can give is just keep improvising until you find a melody you like, then build off of that. Sometimes I just pick a starter note, and attempt to build a solid intro riff based on that note. It would help me if I know what type of music you were going for, as well.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Cheers. Im into not too heavy metalish stuff like A7X, Lostprophets, Bullet for my Valentine and Bring Me The Horizon.
Last edited by charby19 at Feb 17, 2009,
I've got the same problem as Ulalume, I can write intros, but just as soon as it's over I'm like "Ok...wtf do I do now?".

It all depends on if you're going for a non complex intro or something with a solo in it or not I guess. I'd say pick a song you know/like, and play it, but start to change the notes and beat around until you've got something you haven't heard before. I actually made a chord progression doing that, and then I just added on a solo that I wrote measure by measure. Now I can't figure out how to end the intro and go into a verse.