Is the Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue (40W) too loud for bedroom use? It has a master volume so I would've thought it'd be fine, but everyone has conflicting opinions.

Keep in mind the BD's volume is designed to be manipulated via your guitar volume, so don't feel compelled to point out that the amp's volume jumps from quiet to ball-busting, unless that's completely unavoidable, which I doubt.
you could just get an attenuator
or just buy a Blues Jr............
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Feb 17, 2009,
If that's all your going to use it for, yes it is.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I have a 18 W tube amp and it's ALMOST too loud for bedroom use with it turned up 1/3 of the way. I literally makes my ears hurt if I get it much louder.

So I would guess that 40W would make your eyes burst in their sockets in your bedroom.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
Quote by scott58
If that's all your going to use it for, yes it is.

I need it for gigging as well, and I don't think a 15W tube would cut it out in the big bad world.
Yeah its too loud get a Mesa triple rectifier(joking) Get a Blues Jr or a Blackheart little giant.
as a BD owner, i can say it definitely is too loud for your bedroom.
when people say an amp is 'too loud' though, they mean it doesn't sound good at that volume.
Quote by johnnypark30
I need it for gigging as well, and I don't think a 15W tube would cut it out in the big bad world.

WRONG! I gig with an Orange Tiny Terror..

it's not clean, but with gain half way up and volume a little over half, it gets over a hard hitting drummer easily.
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Gigging and bedroom are 2 very different things. My VJ with a volume boost can get louder then I want for bedroom use. A 40 watter would just be nuts unless you want the volume on 1 all the time and not drive your tubes at all. I'd stay in the 15 to 18 watt range and mic if necessary for gigs. Or get the fender for gigs and a VJ or something smaller for practice.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by johnnypark30
Is the Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue (40W) too loud for bedroom use? everyone has conflicting opinions..

Ain't that the truth.

A friend of mine gigs a BJr through a PA and it sounds great for everything up to classic rock. Have you tried a Deluxe Reverb RI?
If you want the tone of a tube amp turned up then yea a 40watt is to loud for bedroom use without an attenuator. If you can deal with the low volume tone then wouldnt be an issue. There are also the yellow jacket converters you can look into or potentially amp mods for less volume.