First off. I'm not exactly sure how these work, but I think I have the general idea...When its pushed it controls one thing, and when pulled it controls another (right?). So my idea was, could I wire it so that when my volume knob is pulled it mutes the guitar? So basically make it into a killswitch. Or is this not doable..? By the way, Yes, I posted this thread in the Electric Guitar forum, but they told me to come here. So ya.

Thanks for the help
-Chris
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

a push pull pot is just a pot with a switch attached to it, the switch is controlled by pulling up/pushing down. just replace your guitars volume pot with a push/pull, and wire the pot as you normally would for volume. then use the switch portion as a regular killswitch
Danke
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Yes, you can do this.
Find a diagram for a killswitch that uses a DPDT (dual pole/dual throw) switch; this is the kind of switch that is on all push-pull pots.

If you can't find a diagram using that kind of switch, find one using a SPDT (single pole/dual throw) switch. A DPDT is just 2 SPDTs next to each other in one housing.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb