Name some songs or albums that you've enjoyed but the musicians who made them dislike them in retrospect.

I'm listening to Atom Heart Mother right now and it's an okay album (not nearly bad as Pink Floyd claimed it is).
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

Kurt Cobain despised that song.
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Don't Guns 'N' Roses hate Sweet Child O' Mine? It could be just one member, I can't remember
Beastie Boys claim to hate "You Gotta Fight" and the only reason they threw it on the album was that they needed to make the album longer...
The Chili Peppers won't play half of their discography live because it "brings them back to bad times" or something.
Quote by Karvid

I'm listening to Atom Heart Mother right now and it's an okay album (not nearly bad as Pink Floyd claimed it is).

When i read the title I was going to write that so +1
Quote by lp345
Don't Guns 'N' Roses hate Sweet Child O' Mine? It could be just one member, I can't remember

I know Slash hated that song I don't know about the other guys.
Well Axl Rose hates Appetite for Destruction but I quite like it. I think Bon Jovi dislike their first two albums and I don't mind those.
Quote by bendystraw
The Chili Peppers won't play half of their discography live because it "brings them back to bad times" or something.

I'm pretty sure they played songs from all of their albums (besides s/t and One Hot Minute) on the SA tour.

Oh, and I agree with whoever said Living Loving Maid
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Radiohead never play Pablo Honey live.

The Pixies never really played "Here Comes Your Man" live during their heyday. The only time I've ever heard it was in the 1991 Live at Brixton concert, and they just had to fill up time.

Eric Clapton stopped playing "Cocaine" for a long time, he started playing it agian though.
Last edited by thewho65 at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by ThinLizzyFan

kurt cobain is NOT nirvana. i'm pretty sure the rest of the band liked that song.
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
Quote by lp345

Slash didn't like the opening riff.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by ThinLizzyFan

beat me too it.
Quote by B.do
kurt cobain is NOT nirvana. i'm pretty sure the rest of the band liked that song.

No you see Kurt Cobain WAS Nirvana and always will be Nirvana.

Hey You!
Opeth's Morningrise.

Well, I know Mikael doesn't like it. Don't know about the others...
oh and i think the clash never played rock the casbah (or is it should i stay or should i go ?)
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392

Metal sucks
BTBAM-Selkies And The Endless Obsession

I watched the commentary on the Colors DVD and they said they hated the tone of Alaska and everyone always wants them to play Selkies. They sometimes don't play it live even, probably makes people mad.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
No you see Kurt Cobain WAS Nirvana and always will be Nirvana.

people should get out of their heads that nirvana was just kurt cobain. krist and dave were also a greazt part of it.
Quote by jonnyrotten45

Quote by lee 31392

Metal sucks
As stated earlier, Mikael dislikes much of Opeth's earlier material, and Alexi Laiho hates COB's "Something Wild", which is by far their best album IMO.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Weezer-Pinkerton

amazing album, but Rivers really used to have a negative attitude towards it, especially when it didn't meet the same success and critical acclaim that the Blue Album did. he seems better with it now, and they do some of the songs live, but he still has some issues with it.
Apparently Hendrix wasn't too big of a fan of his voice and anything he wrote really, so I will go with Jimi Hendrix discography
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
Quote by B.do
people should get out of their heads that nirvana was just kurt cobain. krist and dave were also a greazt part of it.

Without Kurt Cobain it would of just been a small and better version of the Foo Fighters

Hey You!
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
Without Kurt Cobain it would of just been a small and better version of the Foo Fighters

without dave or krist, it would just be a MUCH better version of pudle of mud + i dont agree with what you said.
Quote by jonnyrotten45

Quote by lee 31392

Metal sucks
Quote by B.do

No.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by B.do
without dave or krist, it would just be a MUCH better version of pudle of mud + i dont agree with what you said.

Saying Kurt Cobain wasn't Nirvana is a bit like saying Jimi Hendrix wasn't The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Hey You!
Quote by B.do

part of it sure, but Kurt made them what they were. without him and his attitude the band would have been drastically different, and probably not nearly as popular.
Quote by heaven's gate
Only one I can think of is Living Loving Maid - Zep.

That's one of my favourite songs to play

Quote by ThinLizzyFan

That's odd, so do I.

Quote by lp345

Slash, because the intro riff was just something he made up mucking about.

Quote by aaciseric
Well Axl Rose hates Appetite for Destruction but I quite like it. I think Bon Jovi dislike their first two albums and I don't mind those.

Jon's actually admitted he doesn't have an ear for a hit. He left out a song from Slippery When Wet (I think it was Edge Of A Broken Heart), and later said that it should have been on that album. As a matter of fact, Richie practically had to force him to include Living On A Prayer, because Jon didn't think it was a good song.
Quote by Minkaro

Jon's actually admitted he doesn't have an ear for a hit. He left out a song from Slippery When Wet (I think it was Edge Of A Broken Heart), and later said that it should have been on that album. As a matter of fact, Richie practically had to force him to include Living On A Prayer, because Jon didn't think it was a good song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9amRKAGY5yk - you can't blame him for not liking that really, they did a hell of a lot of work to improve that. But yeah, I remember he thought "Everyday" and "Welcome to Wherever You are" were gonna be huge but they weren't so I guess my point is kinda nulled.
Quote by aaciseric
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9amRKAGY5yk - you can't blame him for not liking that really, they did a hell of a lot of work to improve that. But yeah, I remember he thought "Everyday" and "Welcome to Wherever You are" were gonna be huge but they weren't so I guess my point is kinda nulled.

I like Richie's vocals on that at the end.

Although the This Left Feels Right version very nearly ruined the song for me

As for WTWYA, I didn't like Have A Nice Day at all, and only just liked Lost Highway. A return to the Bounce style would please me. A return to the These Days style would probably rip new holes in my underwear.
Quote by CarbonDeath
BTBAM-Selkies And The Endless Obsession

I watched the commentary on the Colors DVD and they said they hated the tone of Alaska and everyone always wants them to play Selkies. They sometimes don't play it live even, probably makes people mad.

yah i was going to say that.

The band as a whole doesnt really like playing it but Dustie (their rhythm guitarist) hates it especially for reasons people dont really understand.
Quote by Minkaro
I like Richie's vocals on that at the end.

Although the This Left Feels Right version very nearly ruined the song for me

As for WTWYA, I didn't like Have A Nice Day at all, and only just liked Lost Highway. A return to the Bounce style would please me. A return to the These Days style would probably rip new holes in my underwear.

The TLFR version was painful to listen to, I have no idea what possessed them to make that. As much as I like their acoustic side, it's time for them to get heavier, would make concerts much more interesting.
Quote by aaciseric
The TLFR version was painful to listen to, I have no idea what possessed them to make that. As much as I like their acoustic side, it's time for them to get heavier, would make concerts much more interesting.

Yep.

And more David solos!

*may be pushing his luck ever so slightly there*
Quote by daytripper75
part of it sure, but Kurt made them what they were. without him and his attitude the band would have been drastically different, and probably not nearly as popular.

They wouldn't have been so popular if he didn't die at a such young age either.