I am looking for a new cab to be paired up with my hartke 2500 bass head. I am going to start gigging in small venues and wondering if I should buy a 1x15, 2x12, or 2x10. I don't really want a 4x10 because of the size and weight issues. My budget is around $400 preferably not above that and i play rock, jazz, and reggae. All suggestions are welcome.
For playing jazz/reggae, a single 12 or a 15 should do the trick, as typically you dont always meed the high end.

However if you have the chance to try/buy a 212, I say go for it, you'll have a mixture of the tonal properties of the 10s and 15s, plus it shoudl be loud enough for pub gigs with a rock band.

I'll try and find something in your price range

EDIT: if you want to add another cab later, go with the 115 now and add a 210 later
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Last edited by ScottB. at Feb 17, 2009,
go for the 1x15 but just so you know a 1x15 cab is normally the same size as a 4x10
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I've really been considering buying the avatar 2/12 cab, but I'm afraid to jump in without trying it out.

Does anyone at the bass forum own this cab?

Quote by skater dan0
go for the 1x15 but just so you know a 1x15 cab is normally the same size as a 4x10

same size, but they do tend to be a fair bit lighter.
go for a 1x15, then expand with a 2x10 later!
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
Dullsilver, the fitz owns one, as does pandethe 3 i think hes called. You could ask them.

I say get a 15 now, and depending on your tastes later on, get a second 15 or a 2x10, or both for the options.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul