Another instrumental metal song, I took in all the criticism on my last track (Scattered) and made this one with it in mind. Also for abit of variation in this one I added softer intros and outros. The solo is very short but it's the first time ive ever wrote one, only just started getting into trying them in the past few weeks.

Anyway tell me what you think, although I think the main section of the song might need the volume to be slightly higher, I don't know, see what you think.

C4C of course, and enjoy!

Edit: Oh and if it isn't clear to anyone, the song is in my profile haha.
Last edited by Sean Duffy at Feb 22, 2009,
Hey man- Nice to see another track from ya-

I liked the intro, simple but it set the feel for the song. The rhythm guitar and the drums sound great. You could maybe bring the levels of both up a bit if you want to. The riffs are really damn good, nice work on all of that. I like the drum track too, what did you use for it?

The lead was alright I think a couple of notes sounded off the scale, and the tone could use some more distortion imo. Not bad for trying though, with some practice you will be able to do much better. The outro I thought didn't really fit as it was just the intro repeated. The very last part of it was good but maybe a different piano part or no outro altogether I'm not sure. It just didn't seem very necessary.

All in all the rhythm and riffing on this track are great and it definitely rocks. Good work man, keep it up!

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1069327

EDIT: I thought it was ezdrummer, sounds really good dude. Don't forget you can always use that built in mixer too so you can adjust sounds of individual drums. Your tone on rhythm is really good, I just meant your lead tone could use a bit more gain. Peace!
Last edited by supralightning at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by supralightning
Hey man- Nice to see another track from ya-

I liked the intro, simple but it set the feel for the song. The rhythm guitar and the drums sound great. You could maybe bring the levels of both up a bit if you want to. The riffs are really damn good, nice work on all of that. I like the drum track too, what did you use for it?

The lead was alright I think a couple of notes sounded off the scale, and the tone could use some more distortion imo. Not bad for trying though, with some practice you will be able to do much better. The outro I thought didn't really fit as it was just the intro repeated. The very last part of it was good but maybe a different piano part or no outro altogether I'm not sure. It just didn't seem very necessary.

All in all the rhythm and riffing on this track are great and it definitely rocks. Good work man, keep it up!

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1069327

Thanks for the crit!

I used ezdrummer drumkit from hell for the drums, took advice from the guys commenting on my other song, but I hated the sound of the kick on the drumkit from hell, sounded so thin and trebly and pathetic, so I just used the kick from the rock/pop kit and edited it slightly, and it sounded much better then.

And yeah, to be honest on the solo, I just did part of a harmonic minor scale and then kinda got lost and started doing the rest of it by ear, what sounded right, so I expected there to be a few off-key notes.

Yeah anyway thanks, il crit yours now. =]

Edit: About the distortion, you mean on the leads, or as a whole? I backed off on the gain in this one because people said there was too much in the other track haha.
Last edited by Sean Duffy at Feb 17, 2009,
Intro sounds like a variation of holloween lol.

Drums need to be turned up a little bit. Cool riff tho, I could picture some blast beats over them them. 1:28 is pretty sweet. Solo is nicely done, tho I wouldnt suggest putting some delay on it to make it alot fuller sounding. Also the intro/outro piano at the end, I really wouldnt bother with that. Tho pretty cool with the thunder I must say lol.

over-all pretty cool. Could be longer tho. But as is I like it!

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1069894
Quote by False_God
Intro sounds like a variation of holloween lol.

Drums need to be turned up a little bit. Cool riff tho, I could picture some blast beats over them them. 1:28 is pretty sweet. Solo is nicely done, tho I wouldnt suggest putting some delay on it to make it alot fuller sounding. Also the intro/outro piano at the end, I really wouldnt bother with that. Tho pretty cool with the thunder I must say lol.

over-all pretty cool. Could be longer tho. But as is I like it!

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1069894

Haha yeah, the piano thing at the end was largley an attempt to make it longer, I could probably repeat a riff or something to make it longer, I was gunna put some sweeping over one of the riffs to spice things up a little, but I can't do it fast enough yet.

Yeah about the drums, I made another mix of it and turned them up, might upload that one soon.

Haha yeah, my dad said the intro sounded like that too, and come to think of it it does.

Thanks for the crit, il go to yours now.
Hi, thanks for the comment, glad you like it. Nice song BTW i really liked the piano intro and how you used the same melody over different tonalities, it sounds really creepy that way, the riffs were interesting, very death metal styilish. The drums are cool, you just have to make them louder as some people already said it. I enjoyed overall, the only thing that could be better is the solo, especially because IMO it sounds a bit off. But really nice effort