Is the bridge pickup on the Gibson Sg Standard raised up really high? I want to know because I have an Epiphone Limited Edition 1966 G-400 and the bridge pickup is high. If you have a picture could you show me?
it can be as high or low as you want it to be.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Just do a quick google for your pickup and it'll have a recommended spacing. You can then measure that against yours to see if it's off from the recommendation. However, pickup height is subjective... in general, raising them yields more output hence a brighter, more aggressive tone whereas lowering them tends to slightly cut your highs and lower output. Honestly, if it sounds how you want it to and plays alright, I'd not worry. If you want to alter it for better tone, go for it. It's easy to put it back where it was, so no worries.
Quote by The Naffin
Just do a quick google for your pickup and it'll have a recommended spacing. You can then measure that against yours to see if it's off from the recommendation. However, pickup height is subjective... in general, raising them yields more output hence a brighter, more aggressive tone whereas lowering them tends to slightly cut your highs and lower output. Honestly, if it sounds how you want it to and plays alright, I'd not worry. If you want to alter it for better tone, go for it. It's easy to put it back where it was, so no worries.

Thanks that is very helpful
I suppose it would look high if you are used to playing Fender planks. Gibsons with TOM bridges and angled necks tend to have strings higher from the body, especially at the bridge pup which is further from the neck. Its just angles 'cos LP and SG types are built more like traditional string instruments.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x