3 15%
Teh Single Pedal list....
2 10%
save teh B-day money foar teh amp...
14 70%
Voters: 20.
i was thinking about recording with this
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-UX1-with-PF?sku=250003
but i can only use it on my PC and i want to use some effects on my amp.......

then my friend offered me his Digitech RP500 for $200 and i can use it on my Blackheart

but i think single effects would be better for me so i made a list of single pedals that can bosst my BH into thrash metal/ metal core territory.......
TEH LIST
A Rocktron Nitro Boost
A Small Clone
a Phase 90
A good modern sounding OD
And a Cheap delay
he already gave me a Metal Muff for $30.....(total budget less than $200)

And im planning to buy a new amp (im giving the Little Giant to my Bro).......i was thinking the 6505+ 1x12 or a 3120.......(this part doesn't matter)

so answer the poll
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Feb 17, 2009,
if your going to record

id consider a line 6 floor POD, its basically Line 6's version of the digitech RP but ive HEARD its a lot better and more user freindly n ****
whats with the words "teh" and "foar"

You spell like a 6 year old.

Line 6 is just ****... pure and simple. i wouldn't touch them.

and what's the distortion on your amp like? cause i don't think an overdrive pedal is needed that much if you have a metal muff, and an overdrive channel on your amp.

And you don't need a phase 90 to get a good thrash metal sound :s

same with chorus really... although it does sound cool.

And don't get a cheap delay, cheap delays are aweful. Spend a bit of money on it and you wont regret it.
Gear:

Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
Morley Pro Series Wah/Volume/Distortion
t.bone wireless system.
Quote by tilinmyowngrave

and what's the distortion on your amp like? cause i don't think an overdrive pedal is needed that much if you have a metal muff, and an overdrive channel on your amp.

And you don't need a phase 90 to get a good thrash metal sound :s

same with chorus really... although it does sound cool.

And don't get a cheap delay, cheap delays are aweful. Spend a bit of money on it and you wont regret it.

just because the spiders are **** doesn't mean that ALL their products are crap....

honestly you can get BETTER than the toneport, but you can also get lots worse.

if you want to record, with software based programs, I'd get Guitarrig, but if you like the tones you can get with the toneport then there's nothing wrong with it.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Feb 17, 2009,
^^ i leik spelling that way...........

well my Blackheart is a one channel amp and i cant crank it halfway even if its on 3w.
and i want to get some variety of effects AKA Chorus and Phaser.......i also play classic rock and blues.......

and the amp by itself can do some Aerosmith kind of Overdrive.. and can doo some Metallica with the Muff....
feel free to add me
OD would be at the top of my list I think...check out some Tubescreamers, they do an AMAZING job of pushing amps into metal territory IMO.

Phase 90 sounds good, as does a Small Clone, I've got 'em both, but the OD is probably first priority.

Oh, and I'd save all of the money for the 6505+ Combo if I had to choose between "teh pedals" and "teh amp."

Last edited by GNRjungle87 at Feb 17, 2009,
BUMPzorz.....
feel free to add me
I'd save for a new amp... the only other option I would consider is buying pedals, but while pedals can be fun nothing beats getting a new amp.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
^ the problem is that im buying the amp on the holidays ( because of deals and coupons)
and im getting abour $200 for my B-day on April.....
so should i spend the money on pedals or just save it and buy the 3120 on Christmas ????
feel free to add me
OK I'm confused. You want to get a 6505+ or 3120. Why don't you like your XXX? You recommend it often but for some reason aren't happy with it? Help me understand, I'm not trying to pick a fight really so I hope it doesn't come across that way, I just don't follow.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^ its mah uncles........
he lets me use it for gigs........... but i feel kinda sorry for taking advantage of him.......
and he is moving to California and taking all of his items with him this summer sooo i dont have a gigging/jamming amp after he moves......
feel free to add me
Nice Uncle. Maybe take your own advise and grab a XXX for $450 off e-bay? Or do you think the new lines will be that much better for the added $$$ of buying new? I generally find used gear to be far superior to new for the $$$ you pay.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^ im going to try the 3120 on my GC on Saturday and i think it will be better since its an updated XXX and can carry El34 (which i like on amps).........
and i'll think about getting another XXX if the 3120 doesnt work out for me or a 6505+.....
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^ im going to try the 3120 on my GC on Saturday and i think it will be better since its an updated XXX and can carry El34 (which i like on amps).........

Be sure to post some delicious spam!
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by tilinmyowngrave

Yuoar psto is teh failurz.

Also: Amp.
If you want to record your amp, then you should add a mic to your list. The RP500 is going to give you more functionality than the Toneport. You can record with it direct or use it with your amp.