Page 1 of 2
Has anyone seen this video? I am having trouble finding reviews about it, I am just wondering how well it teaches the techniques it goes over and how well the video is overall.
I don't personally have it, but if it helps, I've talked to people who do and they all say it's excellent.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Is there something technically or stylistically unique that he does which requires people to buy his "instructional" video?
*reported*... twice in one reply!

OH NOES!!! Theowy is scawY!!!
with a response like that you are kind of putting off anyone else who ever made a video too... but I herd its a great DVD
A lot of great guitarist with unique styles have made videos and Mark is hardly one of them, hence my slightly belittling question...

I dont care what you think about Mark, I just want to know about the DVD and if it is a good teaching tool.
My thoughts on Mark coincide exactly with my thoughts on his "instructional" video.

wasn't that the dude from creed
why would u want the guy from creed teaching u guitar if u want to sabotage ur self why not just cut off a bunch of fingers
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by Shayne777
why would u want the guy from creed teaching u guitar if u want to sabotage ur self why not just cut off a bunch of fingers

ololol.

You need to listen to his work with Alter Bridge.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Shayne777

Yeah, but the thing is, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Sorry I can't be more help. Haven't seen it yet.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Yeah, but the thing is, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Sorry I can't be more help. Haven't seen it yet.

You don't have to be a music major to know that he's incredibly unoriginal.

oh? well not many guitarists are "original" these days... as more and more people do things, people tend to repeat stuff... its like stories, movies, lyrics... etc... it sucks but you can't do anything about it... but you can recognize talent... Now if one of the dudes from FoB made a dvd... then I might start shooting people...
Quote by ehlert99
oh? well not many guitarists are "original" these days... as more and more people do things, people tend to repeat stuff... its like stories, movies, lyrics... etc... it sucks but you can't do anything about it... but you can recognize talent

He's not talented, he's just a good guitarist. anyway...

The "unoriginals" are a type of lazy guitarist that don't push themselves to make anything different and it's people like you that gives them more of a reason to do more of the same.

So take your "can't do" attitude and shove it up your ass.

They aren't suppose to "try" and do stuff different... that isn't original at all... and would make them go against what they like just so they don't seem like a "cookie cutter" guitarist...

besides everything has been done... its just a matter of whos recognized as doing it first which is only a fame ordeal..
Last edited by ehlert99 at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by ehlert99
They aren't suppose to "try" and do stuff different... that isn't original at all... and would make them go against what they like just so they don't seem like a "cookie cutter" guitarist...

besides everything has been done... its just a matter of whos recognized as doing it first which is only a fame ordeal..

So... it's only original when you do the same as others? damn you're stupid. Stay in school... or go back.

But if you enjoy banality then to each his own...

You really hate the world don't you? Obviously no one will change your thinking.. but you shouldn't talk like your superior to everyone on this site...
Quote by ehlert99
You really hate the world don't you? Obviously no one will change your thinking.. but you shouldn't talk like your superior to everyone on this site...

I'm not superior to anyone else... just you.

only 2 of th 18 post have anything to do with the topic, thank you all and go **** yourself
Quote by allislost

First off, you're a loser.

Second, I didn't say a thing about his originality. I was referring to the fact that he is a technically solid guitarist, and the person that I quoted was clearly not aware of that.
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
First off, you're a loser.

Second, I didn't say a thing about his originality. I was referring to the fact that he is a technically solid guitarist, and the person that I quoted was clearly not aware of that.

I Agree with you on the fact that he's a technically solid guitarist, but there is nothing original in his playing that would create the need for someone to waste their money on his "instructional" video.

And next time you call me or anyone a loser make sure to hide the pictures of you in your profile Mr Baldy.

Last edited by allislost at Feb 21, 2009,
Stop dissing the guy, let it be.

Although in all honesty, I don't know what he has to offer that isn't offered on other instructional dvd's.

That being said, I haven't seen the DVD, so I Should not make assumptions.

It's not like you gonna die watching it. If it learns something to YOU then it's not a matter of good or bad, but a matter of essence too ur playing.

TS, maybe elaborate what you want too learn to play on ur guitar and/or in ur own music writing, and we could offer other suggestions on what are some nice dvd's.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Feb 21, 2009,
Quote by allislost
I Agree with you on the fact that he's a technically solid guitarist, but there is nothing original in his playing that would create the need for someone to waste their money on his "instructional" video.

And next time you call me or anyone a loser make sure to hide the pictures of you in your profile Mr Baldy.

*Reported*
First time, I've ever done this, just because you're a not very nice man !
I'm sorry, but what the hell does being bald have to do with anything?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by The_Sophist
I'm sorry, but what the hell does being bald have to do with anything?

I'm not even bald.
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by allislost

Have you seen the video?
Quote by blueriver
Have you seen the video?

I saw the trailer and it's incredibly boring. You'd be better off buying the Paul Gilbert or Joe Satriani DVD

Quote by allislost

Actually there is a point if hes a technically good player, you can learn good technique from his video. Maybe you dont think learning good technique is an important aspect of learning to play guitar, but it is infact one of the most important things to learn.
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
Quote by radiantmoon
Actually there is a point if hes a technically good player, you can learn good technique from his video. Maybe you dont think learning good technique is an important aspect of learning to play guitar, but it is infact one of the most important things to learn.

I like how you state and ignore the obvious in one reply.

He's not the only technically good player in the world, he just got famous being in a pop-rock band.

And if this IS about technique then he should just get the Michael Angelo Batio dvd instead, since he has way better technique.

Quote by allislost

He's not the only technically good player in the world, he just got famous being in a pop-rock band.

And if this IS about technique then he should just get the Michael Angelo Batio dvd instead, since he has way better technique.

Top Trolling.
Quote by allislost

I dont recall saying he was the only technically good player Mark tremonti is a dam good player and the thread starter could definately learn something off him, thats the point! and dont even start with the whos better than who card, Music isnt a competition,you should try and learn from as many sources as you can.
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
Quote by radiantmoon
I dont recall saying he was the only technically good player

That just proves the point that the TS can learn more from other vids with better players, Like Satriani, MAB, or Paul Gilbert

Quote by radiantmoon
Mark tremonti is a dam good player and the thread starter could definately learn something off him, thats the point! and dont even start with the whos better than who card,

I don't have to, it's been done already and yeah... he's unoriginal.

Quote by radiantmoon
Music isnt a competition,you should try and learn from as many sources as you can.

While i technically agree with you on this, learning from an unoriginal and pop-rock guitar player is not something that would help an new guitarist unless he wishes to sound generic and bland.

Quote by allislost
That just proves the point that the TS can learn more from other vids with better players, Like Satriani, MAB, or Paul Gilbert

I don't have to, it's been done already and yeah... he's unoriginal.

While i technically agree with you on this, learning from an unoriginal and pop-rock guitar player is not something that would help an new guitarist unless he wishes to sound generic and bland.

Well first off, better is a subjective term, it actually comes down to opinion at the end of the day. Define what better is!! is it how fast one can play, how good their fretting hand economy is, their right hand technique? you could say paul gilbert is a great plectrum player but he would get torn to shreds on finger style technique by any serious classical guitar player!! as you can see better is subjective. While you may think satriani etc are the best, it is only your view and I can personally name a dozen other guitar players that I think are much better, but that would only be my opinion. Now to your being original comment. You say that if you learn of Mark its bad because he has influence from other guitar players, but if you learn from an MAB DVD(I PERSONALLY FIND THE GUYS PLAYING BORING AND SOULESS) arent you just copying his style and being unoriginal yourself? You might want to rethink some of the bull**** your spewing
Quote by radiantmoon
Well first off, better is a subjective term, it actually comes down to opinion at the end of the day. Define what better is!! is it how fast one can play, how good their fretting hand economy is, their right hand technique? you could say paul gilbert is a great plectrum player but he would get torn to shreds on finger style technique by any serious classical guitar player!!

Did the TS mention anything in regards to finger style? Nope. Learn to read you dumb****.

The only reason i mentioned those names is because Mark himself has mentioned them as being influential in his playing and since his skills can't, in anyway, match those names, it is obvious that it's better to get dvd's from those guys instead.

Quote by radiantmoon
as you can see better is subjective. While you may think satriani etc are the best, it is only your view and I can personally name a dozen other guitar players that I think are much better, but that would only be my opinion.

No ****.

Quote by radiantmoon
Now to your being original comment. You say that if you learn of Mark its bad because he has influence from other guitar players, but if you learn from an MAB DVD(I PERSONALLY FIND THE GUYS PLAYING BORING AND SOULESS) arent you just copying his style and being unoriginal yourself? You might want to rethink some of the bull**** your spewing

MAB was only mentioned in regards to learning better technique, which he has and is on a level that Mark can't touch at the moment. I don't like MAB's music but i'll be as smart as you if I ignore his technical proficiency.

If you just buy instructional vids to just imitate, if you choose to just regurgitate what you've learned, then that's your choice, not mine.

If you have money to waste, then buy Mark's dvd, otherwise it's better to look elsewhere and just download tabs of his songs for free here on UG.

Dude, seriously, just shut the **** up.
Why are you so hell bent on talking someone out of buying a DVD?
Does it really matter THAT much to you?
If so, then you're one pathetic loser.
I hope he already bought it just to spite you and make everything you say irrelevant.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Page 1 of 2