Hi i am offered a trade. The guys says he can give a Randall RX75RG2 kinda new not much used to my pod xt live. What you think would it be a good trade? I play metal like in flames to children of bodom melodic stuff also lamb of god metallica tones would be important. I know randall famous for its high gain ss amp so would it be a better metal choice than pod xt live?
try it out first and see what YOU think...
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
yeah definatly try it out. low end randalls can have great cleans but lackluster overdrive. or if you throw a pedal behind it, go ahead, but if not then try out the overdrive channel before you trade. i play the same stuff and randall works for me.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
Well its not really possible to try it. Couldnt find it anywhere and also its better to have some thoughs before going to try it. So its not that good its 75 watts new rx model i think. isnt it enough for metal?
well i hate line 6 products so id go for the trade, and randalls get loud, so if the amps in good condition then trade. mine personally works great for bodom and metallica,
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
does your pod have a headphone jack? if so then just use it. but the randall can be quiet if you want it to. those things are amazing.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Im already using pod with headphones but it doesnt have much dynamics and also i only use 2-3 distortion types for death metal metalcore etc. and a clean channel so why would i need a processor with 1000 effects? Also i saw that the randall also has a headphones input so i can play it with the headphones too right?
Quote by paintballcrazy7
well i hate line 6 products so id go for the trade, and randalls get loud, so if the amps in good condition then trade. mine personally works great for bodom and metallica,

this is coming from someone who owns a low end randall fullstack

it depends, if you record a lot with your pod and you really put it to good use, then you might wanna keep it, but i tried out the randall the other day, and it was pretty good. really liked the cleans, and the distortion was much less transistor-ish than i expected. some of the biggest gainiacs might think it doesnt have enough, but it had enough for me
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Well i dont record too much just sometimes. i dont use it as a recording device. is it a good idea to use the randall with headphones. just asking. btw i have to be able to play things like bodom and in flames so what should i do?
Quote by blind.quardian
is it a good idea to use the randall with headphones.

Meh. The tone kinda sucked whenever I tried it, but if you have good headphones maybe.
btw i have to be able to play things like bodom and in flames so what should i do?

You could always get a Boss Metal Zone or Metalcore pedal. Since it's just bedroom stuff, it'll sound alright.
The xt live is more versatial than the randal. I would keep the xt myself and eventually get a nice amp to run it through.
Quote by Bearcat_89
Meh. The tone kinda sucked whenever I tried it, but if you have good headphones maybe.
You could always get a Boss Metal Zone or Metalcore pedal. Since it's just bedroom stuff, it'll sound alright.

Well if im gonna use a pedal i wouldnt buy a randall.

and stujomo i just want "one good metal tone" not lots of good tones. only one very good tone you get what i mean. unfortunately i cant get a tube amp cos they are fcking loud so im looking at ss.
Well if the xt has the one good tone you want it does not matter if it can offer more tones, you just save a preset and use that one. You might want one good metal tone now but you could find yourself listening to some blues in 3 months time and want to have a go at playing some blues. I would not limit myself to one good metal tone from a cheap Randal which might not even be that great after you have lived with it for a few months.