Page 1 of 2
This is one of the original 1966-70 Shin-Ei Uni-Vibe's

I found this in my grandfather's basement. I plugged it in, and with a slight compression, it gets almost the same sound as the church's leslie for the organ.

photos soon.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
Yours should be worth more than that ebay listing, because his doesn't have the original footswitch, and yours does...so, yeah. I hate you.

That is assuming it's in the right year zone, yours looks a slightly different color, I'm not sure if that changes things.
Last edited by -Collapse- at Feb 17, 2009,
keep it!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
What does it do?

It sorta tries to emulate the sound of a leslie organ speaker,(which sounds beautiful with a guitar run through)

needless to say, it dosn't do a very good job at it, but it had it's own unmistakable sound that all other vibes had tried to make.

I need to clean it tho, there's some buzz coming through on it, and I need to figure out what's doin it.

I'll have some audio demos when I fix the buzz.
my uncle says it's a 1967, but I think it's a 1968, the numbers on the bottom were worn off from seemingly constant playing on rough ground, but the footswitch was made in 1968, so i naturally thought that they were paired together.

I don't know if I should go on this notion, because it's like trying to find a guitar's year by looking at the knobs or the shape of the pickguard, it's useless, they can be interchanged by any retard for preference.

I fixed the buzz, and I'm gonna record somethin soon, but my fender doesn't have any OD when at really low volumes, and this is a church, so loud noises in the basement are looked down upon.

[edit] I'm starting to think that it's a 1968, because they were chromed in 66-67, and were painted with cheap "Jap" paint to lower production costs in 68 and on.

what do you guys think.
Last edited by willwelsh816 at Feb 17, 2009,
I think that you have a vintage pedal that you should keep if you like the way it sounds. Or trade it for a vintage guitar.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
dude. i wish i found vintage equipment in my grandparent's basement...
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
^ it's more of the curch's property, because a while ago, there used to be a guitar shop right next to the curch. The people who had the place got into some trouble with the pigs, and vacated VERY quickly(they must've did somethin real bad). The church bought the land, and was getting rid of most of the stuff in the basement. To get this vibe, I pay about .5% of the resale value, because the church thinks it's just useless junk. among this stuff, my grandfather's gonna take the superlead head and the digitech wammy from them.

The resale of the vibe is about 3,000 dollars, and .5% of 3,000 dollars is 15 dollars. this, plus some tax on the vintageness of the object, will probably cost me around 20 dollars.

being christian paid off.
Quote by SlappyMcLardfat
it's probably worth about five bucks, so i'll take it off your hands...

yeah...........right
Hey
WHY IN GODS NAME ARE YOU CONSIDERING SELLING A VINTAGE UNIVIBE
Hold onto that with your DEAR LIFE!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Start it for sale on ebay for 99 cents and advertise it across all the forums. I'm sure one crazy nut job will spend thousands if not tens of thousands to get that.

And dude, sometimes people need to part with expensive one of a time things because life is crazy and needs money constantly.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
I more needed a resale value to find out how much I'd have to pay for it. Somethin's up with the footswitch, but if anything, I don't necissarily need it. The leslie organ speaker sounds better with a tube screamer, but the Shin-Ei sounds better with natural OD

I've been using it with a Peavey head, and if soon, mabe a Marshall superlead. The tubescreamer takes the beauty out of the sound when run through, so I normally play it with natural OD. I might make some demos later.

If I was to sell it, I would only do so if I was in crazy debt, but I probably wouldn't live with myself if I did so. I felt lucky to have even seen the thing.

It does have a sound of it's own, far better than any vibe I've ever had, it doesn't break up, and the sound is crystall clear.

I would only trade this for Clapton's Bluesbreaker - era les paul and a Marshall 1959 JTM45.

...but we all can't have are way can we
Holy ****.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by willwelsh816

I would only trade this for Clapton's Bluesbreaker - era les paul and a Marshall 1959 JTM45.

...but we all can't have are way can we

i think you mean 1965 JTM45 (Marshall wasn't making amps back in 1959, at least not Marshall amps)

haha sorry for being picky.
I.
****ing.
Hate.
You.

You better keep that

Seriously man.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by willwelsh816

Yeah cool - the other way around....
Man, that's an unbelievable find right there. If I were you I would hold onto it for a bit if you're not strapped for cash. Wait for the economy to recover a bit and then, when there's more free cash floating about, think about it again.

I'd personally keep the bad-boy, but hey, consider what I've said.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by willwelsh816
^ i don't get it

He means 1959 les paul (though Clapton's les paul was more likely a 1960) and bluesbreaker era JTM45.
^oh, oops

There's a few things crapping out of the footswitch, but like i said, there's not much to worry about. A few dead bugs in the input jack can be scraped away in a jiffy.

I want to put out a recording so bad of this, but my PDR-1 is horrible at capturing the tone of this wounderful effect.

my friends smoke pot(they don't like to talk about it because I'm always tell them to stop)
they say it's like a drug to just listen to it.

...mabe that can get them off the dope
Quote by willwelsh816
^ it's more of the curch's property, because a while ago, there used to be a guitar shop right next to the curch. The people who had the place got into some trouble with the pigs, and vacated VERY quickly(they must've did somethin real bad). The church bought the land, and was getting rid of most of the stuff in the basement. To get this vibe, I pay about .5% of the resale value, because the church thinks it's just useless junk. among this stuff, my grandfather's gonna take the superlead head and the digitech wammy from them.

The resale of the vibe is about 3,000 dollars, and .5% of 3,000 dollars is 15 dollars. this, plus some tax on the vintageness of the object, will probably cost me around 20 dollars.

being christian paid off.

Wow, you and your grandfather are totally unethical, but hey, nice way to screw over the church!
Last edited by Chetbango at Feb 26, 2009,
Quote by willwelsh816

my friends smoke pot(they don't like to talk about it because I'm always tell them to stop)
they say it's like a drug to just listen to it.

...mabe that can get them off the dope
c'mon, everyones doing it
no really, its a good thing you dont smoke, or you might be selling your cool new vintage gear for crack someday
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Holy ****ing ****.

If you sell that, you will be making a HUGE mistake, man. This is like that '57 Les Paul thread, only your for real. Hold onto that with your life.
Quote by Chetbango
Wow, you and your grandfather are totally unethical, but hey, nice way to screw over the church!

that post just SCREAMS jealousy.
*explodes in jealousy*
You know, I wish I found Univibes and 59' Les Pauls and strats and what-have-you in my grandparents and friends basements, and i wish i found ibanez roadstars under my friends beds. Ah well. Some people have all the luck.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by willwelsh816
The resale of the vibe is about 3,000 dollars, and .5% of 3,000 dollars is 15 dollars. this, plus some tax on the vintageness of the object, will probably cost me around 20 dollars. being christian paid off.
So did being bad at math. 5% x $3,000 = $150.
look for the decimal point... he said .5% not 5%
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by Musicman48858

This is why I always push leading zeros. 0.5 is hard to mistake.
^sorry about that.

this was acually my first struck of luck, I've previoulsly thought I was Born under a bad sign(pun intended) until now.

150$ would still be a steal for such a machine, I love this thing
Quote by Musicman48858
Ahhh right you are.
Daaaamnnn. Great find man.

Personally, I'd sell it. There is a lot more I'd want to do with a couple grand.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by willwelsh816
^sorry about that.

this was acually my first struck of luck, I've previoulsly thought I was Born under a bad sign(pun intended) until now.

150$ would still be a steal for such a machine, I love this thing

Defrauding a church, believing in the Devil's astronomy....it's a long road out of Hell, sonny. If I were you, I'd send the Univibe to me to turn it in to the proper authorities, and spend the rest of lent admonishing my dope-fiend friends.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
Page 1 of 2