I'm looking for a trem to put in my custom guitar, but I'd also like to be able to downtune the guitar (for example to D).
At first I considered an OFR, but I heard it's not that great to downtune..
So I wondered if a recessed Wilkinson trem w/ locking tuners or a locking nut would suffer the same problem?

Thanks!
Get a OFR and a tremol-no.

Put it in "Dive Only" Mode and you can only dive but not pull up, with that said you can then put it into drop D and it won't mess the vibrato up, even if you break a string you won't go out.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I don't see the problem. I know people who downtune their guitars to D, and they have OFR.
Guitars:
Ibanez IC400BK
Ibanez RG550BK

Amplifiers:
ENGL Screamer 50 Combo
yeah my dk2m has a LFR the jt580 and its in C standard with 10-50 strings...it has no problems but u have to remember that string tension should equal spring tension. if you have troubles with the concept there are alot of great youtube videos that show how to setup and a great thread on this forum for FR setup.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Get a OFR and a tremol-no.

Put it in "Dive Only" Mode and you can only dive but not pull up, with that said you can then put it into drop D and it won't mess the vibrato up, even if you break a string you won't go out.

^This.

If you downtune one string in a FR, the rest of them will increase their pitch, going out of tune.
The only issue people have with drop tuning tremolos is so many don't realize you have to adjust the string tension in the back by tightening the screws to compensate for the loss of pressure from the strings =/
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores