I have just been assigned an essay on the appreciation of music!

Lets think of reasons why rock and the sub-genres such as metal... are the ultimate genre and superior to the genric and trivial crap that makes up the mainstream music industry of today...

Please be as unconsiderate of other genres and judge as much as you like...

elitists are very welcome!

Peace!
AIM!!!

ANTI-INDIE-MOVEMENT
Last edited by blano18 at Feb 17, 2009,
because all indie and rap and pop and techno is all the same and boring

metal and rock are more hardcore and interesting
Quote by flashmdg

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Becuase most metal/rock musicians actually record their own music and use their own voices to sing, they don't lip-synch over remixed backing tracks.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I have pessimistic expectations as to the lifespan of this thread
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Quote by flashmdg

a bit ... ignorant? every genre has it's good and bad points
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Well rock is better than rap because rap sends a negative message towards listeners and has had an extremely negative effect on an entire generation of people.

Thats my two cents.

Oh and rock lyrics are generally relevant to something, I haven't heard a rap song in a very long time that's relevant to anything that people can relate too.
Thats the same problem with my essay. A topic iam so enthusiastic and fired up about yet when i come to write it iam failing dramatically!
AIM!!!

ANTI-INDIE-MOVEMENT
Quote by silversoulcage
Well rock is better than rap because rap sends a negative message towards listeners and has had an extremely negative effect on an entire generation of people.

Thats my two cents.

Oh and rock lyrics are generally relevant to something, I haven't heard a rap song in a very long time that's relevant to anything that people can relate too.

Generalising much?
Metal is inevitably much more technical than most music, especially fusions like jazz metal and folk metal. Even ****ty, bland metal is better than "good" pop music/rap/hip-hop and such.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by Ulalume
Metal is inevitably much more technical than most music, especially fusions like jazz metal and folk metal. Even ****ty, bland metal is better than "good" pop music/rap/hip-hop and such.

Better? How so?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Generalising much?

He said main stream and as far as main stream goes, I think what I said is pretty much true. Maybe not all the rap that's come out in last year. All the rap that's come out in the last year is all the same T-Pain, vocoder auto-tune garbage.

And you can't spell much can you? It's generalizing.
Quote by silversoulcage

Thats my two cents.

Look harder idiot.

Oh, and I almost forgot

Last edited by bendystraw at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by Ulalume

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHA
HAHAHA
HAHA
HAH
HAH
HAHAHAHA

WRONG. Jazz is one of the most technically challenging genres out there. Infinitely more so than metal.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Better? How so?

Lulz because, as every true music fan knows, technical ability is the only factor that determines if music is good or bad.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by bendystraw
Sex, drugs and rock 'n' Roll is a positive message?

Look harder idiot.

I never promoted sex, drugs, rock and roll. Not all rock is sex, drugs, rock and roll, I thought you would know that.

I think you need to look harder if all of the rock you listen to is sex, drugs, rock and roll then you're favorite bands are obviously Nickelback and Hinder.
Quote by silversoulcage
I never promoted sex, drugs, rock and roll. Not all rock is sex, drugs, rock and roll, I thought you would know that.

I think you need to look harder if all of the rock you listen to is sex, drugs, rock and roll then you're favorite bands are obviously Nickelback and Hinder.

I think you need to look harder if you think all rap music is about hoes, money and pimps.

Also, about spelling... Isn't it "your" and not "you're"?
Quote by Ktool The Girth
Lulz because, as every true music fan knows, technical ability is the only factor that determines if music is good or bad.

Dude, WRONG. Look at Dylan, as far from technical as it gets, and his **** is amazing. Far more so than Lamb of God and all the other dumb **** metal that's being released today.

Music is completely opinion, so technical ability has NOTHING to do with whether or not music is good.
Quote by silversoulcage

lololololololololololololololollololololololololololololololololo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111one!!!

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, WRONG. Look at Dylan, as far from technical as it gets, and his **** is amazing. Far more so than Lamb of God and all the other dumb **** metal that's being released today.

Music is completely opinion, so technical ability has NOTHING to do with whether or not music is good.

I was making fun of him genius. I thought starting the sentence with "lulz" would be enough to let you know.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Last edited by Ktool The Girth at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by silversoulcage

If you think rap is all about gangstas, drugs and bitches then the only rap you listen to is the kind that comes out of 14 year old's cell phones on the bus.
Quote by silversoulcage

Sarcasm isn't your strength is it?
Quote by silversoulcage

He was being sarcastic...
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I think you need to look harder if you think all rap music is about hoes, money and pimps.

Once again, never said "all" the TS said Main Stream. And in my opinion main stream rap is all the same ****, over and over and over again.
Quote by silversoulcage
Once again, never said "all" the TS said Main Stream. And in my opinion main stream rap is all the same ****, over and over and over again.

Well isn't hinder and nickelback mainstream?
Quote by entity0009
Becuase most metal/rock musicians actually record their own music and use their own voices to sing, they don't lip-synch over remixed backing tracks.

/thread
...What!?
Quote by silversoulcage

Thats my two cents.

Hey, how about you go listen to Lupe Fiasco, Mos Def, Talib Kweli and about 100 other rappers that I can think of before generalizing a whole genre. There's just as much garbage rock on TV as there is garbage rap.

"Relevant to anything that people can relate to"? Really? Then it's obvious that you only base your views of hip-hop on Lil' Wayne and the other garbage on T.V. Rap lyrics are just as relevant, if not more relevant, than any rock lyrics out there.
Quote by silversoulcage
He said main stream and as far as main stream goes, I think what I said is pretty much true. Maybe not all the rap that's come out in last year. All the rap that's come out in the last year is all the same T-Pain, vocoder auto-tune garbage.

No. That's only the stuff you've bothered to look at.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Well isn't hinder and nickelback mainstream?

Yea they are, which is why I said not all rock is about sex, drugs, rock and roll. You guys are all missing my ****ing point.

We're talking about main stream garbage here, so yes the music that comes out of a 14 year old kids cell phone on the bus.
Quote by GogglesVK
Hey, how about you go listen to Lupe Fiasco, Mos Def, Talib Kweli and about 100 other rappers that I can think of before generalizing a whole genre. There's just as much garbage rock on TV as there is garbage rap.

"Relevant to anything that people can relate to"? Really? Then it's obvious that you only base your views of hip-hop on Lil' Wayne and the other garbage on T.V. Rap lyrics are just as relevant, if not more relevant, than any rock lyrics out there.

No. That's only the stuff you've bothered to look at.

You are a prick, the TS asked about Main Stream music, so I generalized main stream music.

Quote by silversoulcage
Yea they are, which is why I said not all rock is about sex, drugs, rock and roll. You guys are all missing my ****ing point.

We're talking about main stream garbage here, so yes the music that comes out of a 14 year old kids cell phone on the bus.

Well didn't we come to the conclusion Nickelback and Hinder's lyrics were about sex drugs and rock n' roll? So what's the difference between that and the mainstream rap about drugs, hoes and pimps?
Isn't this pretty much a Versus thread?
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Well didn't we come to the conclusion Nickelback and Hinder's lyrics were about sex drugs and rock n' roll? So what's the difference between that and the mainstream rap about drugs, hoes and pimps?

Nothing, their both ****ing garbage. I never said Hinder and Nickelback are better than Lil Wayne or T-pain, all main stream music from almost any genre is all completely worthless, I think 90% of the **** that comes on the radio is all garbage.
Quote by silversoulcage
You are a prick, the TS asked about Main Stream music, so I generalized main stream music.

Even then, Lupe Fiasco can be considered in the mainstream. Nas, while sometimes having violent/drug-related lyrics, is mainstream yet remains mainly inspirational.

And then if you want to talk about artistic ability, rappers and producers still have the same amount of musical skill as any rock artist. Hinder and Nickelback are musical perfection?
Quote by silversoulcage
Nothing, their both ****ing garbage. I never said Hinder and Nickelback are better than Lil Wayne or T-pain, all main stream music from almost any genre is all completely worthless, I think 90% of the **** that comes on the radio is all garbage.

You should've said this first, instead of just calling out rap like this...
Quote by silversoulcage

Last edited by GogglesVK at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by King Twili
Isn't this pretty much a Versus thread?

You know what, yes. This **** is fucking retarded.

*reported*
Quote by bendystraw
You know what, yes. This **** is fucking retarded.

*reported*

This.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"