so my band are gonna put together a cd to give out to random dudes around town, send to potential venues and promoters, and give to people at gigs
(not our demo - were putting 2 songs on a separate cd for this)

so how many songs should it have on it?
at the moment we have 4 really strong, accessible, good songs and loads of just kind of standard numbers

so if we put on just the 4 best ones, which ones do we upload to our myspace? do we put the same exact songs up because they are our best, or choose only a couple of them, or do we have more songs on the cd - different songs that we might play live but that wouldn't go on the myspace?
i mean we dont want the same songs on the myspace as the cd because then why would people buy it?

also, any other tips about stuff to include or how to market it?
thanks
a 4 song cd isn't much of an ep. I would do maybe 6 or so tracks, then decide on a 'single' and put the single and maybe a few 'b-sides' or other good tunes on your myspace.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
im not too sure, i think you should put your three favourites on the myspace and one lesser song and have that fourth one saved for gigs or something ...

i have no idea
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by aetherspear
a 4 song cd isn't much of an ep. I would do maybe 6 or so tracks, then decide on a 'single' and put the single and maybe a few 'b-sides' or other good tunes on your myspace.

I've seen plenty of EP's with about 4 tracks.

TS, I can't help you but this sort of stuff usually goes in bandleading so you might wanna ask a mod to move it their, because then there would probably be more chance that Slacker or CT would see your thread and give you a ton of great information (as they never fail to do).
maybe ya'll are right, but I'd be pissed if I bought an ep with only 10 minutes of tunes.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by aetherspear
maybe ya'll are right, but I'd be pissed if I bought an ep with only 10 minutes of tunes.

well actually one of the songs was originally 10 minutes long by itself!
but were cutting that down anyway
who knows, we might break out the epic version at gigs!