Hi, is there any way to get a more balanced sound out of my bass? My E and A strings make the floor shake but my top strings get lost in the mix when playing with my band.

Is there anything i can do to help this?

thanks
Turn the mids and trebles up a bit. Quite simple. Your open E is gonna stand out more than higher notes will no matter what though.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Raise the pickups on the treble side, also try 50. gauge strings
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Higher notes get lost in the mix because you get up into the guitarist's frequencies...it's bound to happen no matter what you do. Following the advice in this thread helps, but don't ever expect the top strings to shake the floor like the low ones do.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by food1010
Turn the mids and trebles up a bit. Quite simple. Your open E is gonna stand out more than higher notes will no matter what though.

That will change the his overall tone. Raising the pickup under the D and G string will give them more output and punch.